Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Blow Mold Operator
The Blow Mold Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently performing mold setups and process development for the production equipment ensuring that the desired level of quality is being achieved for on-time delivery.
Description of Responsibilities
The Blow Mold Operator is there to support the Company and must possess the knowledge and demonstrate skills required to perform the essential functions of the position, though other duties may be assigned.
- Performs mold, insert and color changes on the line
- Perform basic processing of blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap
- Makes frequent on-time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards
- Assist other Operators and maintenance personnel on mechanical repairs
- Assists with preventive maintenance as required
- Assists with troubleshooting and resolution of process problems
- Documents daily production reports and completes all necessary paperwork that pertains to this position
- Ensures that all equipment is in working order and reports any issues of maintenance to the Shift Supervisor
- Answers operating alarms and restarts machines
- Completes all necessary paperwork that pertains to the position
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies are in working order and reports any issues of maintenance to the Blow Mold Manager and/or Production Supervisor
- Assists in training employees
- Attends training and meetings when required
- Active participation on Health and Safety program
- Must adhere to the Company’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ensure plant is maintained at a high standard of housekeeping
- Performs other duties for the benefit of the Company as required
- Promotes and adheres to all Company Rules and Safety Laws where applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Knowledge & familiarity with a high-speed manufacturing environment an asset
- Operation Monitoring – watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Troubleshooting – determine causes of operating errors and making decisions about next action step
- Mechanical – strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance
- Reasoning – ability to perform basic mathematic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without a calculator or other tool
- High School Diploma or equivalent, additional education &/or technical certification preferred.
- Possess a high degree of focus and attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and look for improvements
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Accepts responsibility and is dependable
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Flexibility to work a rotating schedule
- Is a respectful team player willing to assist in all areas when needed