The Residential Behavioral Clinician in LUK’s Residential Services provides strengths-based assessments that inform treatment planning and specific behavioral plans for youth residing in emergency and group home placements. The Behavioral Specialist will participate in the development of a comprehensive treatment plan designed to enhance the likelihood of success in a family setting while minimizing length of stay in the residential setting. This position will develop individual behavior management plans for youth and provide direct interventions as needed and indicated. The Behavioral Specialist will also provide training, education, and support to ensure staff successfully implement behavioral plans for specific youth.
The qualified candidate will have a Master’s degree in Psychology or closely related field, with experience and expertise in functional behavioral assessment and utilizing behavioral intervention strategies. Experience working in a residential setting is preferred. Excellent communication and computer skills required. Valid driver’s license, reliable and safe transportation required.
This is a full-time position located in North Central Massachusetts. Work will take place within the therapeutic milieu and will include community-based travel. Work schedule must accommodate the needs of the youth/family. Bilingual/bicultural candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to very competitive salaries LUK offers a substantial and unique benefit package found here.
Introduction to LUK, Inc.:
LUK has deep roots in Central Massachusetts. We’re driven by our values and we’re serious about our work. It’s not easy work, but it is rewarding! With Crisis as our middle name (LUK Crisis Center), we are well versed in handling all kinds of issues that may arise. LUK exists to help people thrive – the people we serve and the people who work here. We appreciate creative thinking, uniqueness, and tenacity. We encourage staff to participate in numerous opportunities to grow as an individual and a member of a team, influence others and be influenced, be your best and do your best. We provide individualized services to the people we work with and offer flexibility so that staff can meet responsibilities at work and outside of work. The community is “LUK-y” to have the skills, experience, and talent of our staff!
For more information, please visit our website & social media accounts!
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | AmazonSmile
The Behavioral Specialist provides strengths-based assessments that inform treatment planning and specific behavioral plans for youth residing in emergency and group home placements. The goal of this position is to remove barriers to a youth’s ability to live in a family setting while minimizing length of stay in the residential setting.
- Provide behavioral assessments for youth in emergency and group home settings
- Participate in the development of a comprehensive treatment plan aimed at removing barriers to discharge
- Develop individual behavior management plans for youth as indicated by the youth’s assessed strengths, needs, and developmental stage
- Provide direct interventions to youth as needed and indicated in treatment and behavioral plans
- Participate in discharge planning for youth, providing transitional support, education, and training when discharging to a family setting
- Provide training, education, and support for staff to implement specific plans
- Collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary team to address individual youth’s needs and assess progress
- Ensure thorough and timely documentation in accordance with agency, funding, and licensing requirements
- Attend and participate in weekly scheduled supervision, staff meetings, leadership meetings, and required trainings
- Participate in the Division’s on-call system
- Gain an understanding and commitment to LUK’s Mission, Vision, and Values and provide congruent services
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or closely related field
- Eligible for Massachusetts clinical license
- Expertise and supervised experience in conducting functional behavioral assessments and selecting, implementing, and evaluating intervention strategies
- BCBA certification preferred
- Minimum of 1 year providing direct services to youth and families who require behavior management to address mental health needs required
- Experience working in a residential setting preferred
- Bilingual/bicultural candidates encouraged to apply
Skills and Abilities:
- Cultural responsiveness
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively on a team
- Driver’s license along with reliable and safe transportation
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume sharing your interest and unique qualifications for this position to:
Online: Click “Apply for Job” below, fill out demographic information, and attach your resumé and cover letter.
Mail: Director of Human Resources
545 Westminster Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Email: HR@LUK.org HR@LUK.org with the subject line “Behavioral Specialist”
The Behavioral Specialist will work in North Central Massachusetts with access to office space in Fitchburg. Driver’s license and reliable, safe transportation required.
Salary Range and Benefits:
Contact LUK’s Human Resources Department for information on the salary range.
For benefit-eligible positions, LUK provides an extensive and unique benefit package. For more information on LUK’s employment benefits please visit: www.LUK.org/Employment/Benefits
LUK Division: Residential Services
LUK Component: N/A
Direct Supervisor: Director of Residential Services
LUK Staffing Category: 6
This position is 40 hours per week
This is a salary position: ☒
This is an hourly position: ☐
This position is benefit eligible: ☒
This position is community-/home-based ☒
EOE and Diversity Commitment
LUK is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diverse workforce has talented professionals like you throughout the agency – from those with lived experience to recent college grads and seasoned professionals. We believe that the diversity of our workforce is a strength that helps us best meet the needs of the people we serve.