Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
The Banquet Manager oversees all aspects of a banquet or event, including set-up, food presentation, serving, and cleanup, while focusing on quality presentation and customer service. Banquet managers are also responsible for all aspects of supervision of banquet staff including: hiring, training, coaching, disciplining and reviewing staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage personnel processes including; hiring, scheduling and training banquet staff in the proper techniques and etiquette for American, French, and buffet and parade types of service
- Define banquet staff performance requirements and develop action plans for achievement of goals
- Monitor staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions
- Supervise the set up of function rooms and visibly inspect to ensure set-up meets the specifications of the client
- Oversee the clean up process of function room and proper breakdown and storage of all equipment
- Effectively communicate during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, conventions services, and engineering staffs, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards
- Process billing information using a POS system with accuracy and attention to detail
- Process payroll for each event, which includes calculating number of hours worked, and gratuity distribution
- Maintain inventory of supplies and linens for functions with approval of the Food & Beverage Director
- Assists servers and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and Great Lake Co. quality standards.
- Attendance in, and conformance with, Great Lake Co. rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in food & beverage
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette
- Prior experience ensuring safe work environment in compliance with appropriate regulations (i.e. -- Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communication Plans)
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous Banquet supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills and proven teamwork
- Projects professional image that inspires trust and confidence
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Multi-tasking ability
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time