Why join us:
We are a well-established, mid-sized firm based in Leominster, MA that is seeking an Audit Manager due to our firm’s growth. Our unique culture is very family-oriented and flexible. Our team of approximately 20 members enjoy a relaxed and fun-loving work environment with work-life balance and ability to work from home. We also offer a robust benefits package and competitive compensation package.
How you will contribute:
As our Audit Manager, you will contribute in the following ways:
- Planning, preparation and management of audits including field work through completion of audit to specifications of GMP and GMS
- Lead the fieldwork of audit engagements and assist with the final issuance and wrap up, including scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement workflow
- Prepare/modify audit programs for tests of controls and substantive audit procedures
- Planning, preparation, and management of reviews and compilation engagements
- Independently overseeing all aspects of audit, review and compilation engagements from planning through issuance of full-disclosure financial statements with progressively minimal oversight
- Manage the daily progress of fieldwork by informing Partners of engagement status, identifying potential audit issues/adjustments/operational improvements, and challenging current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency
- Supervising audit staff and fieldwork; assign work to staff and review work papers prepared Training, coaching, and mentoring audit staff
- Participating in Peer Review and Internal Monitoring Research of accounting and auditing issues as needed Maintaining client contact and relationships
- Collaborating with Senior Managers to develop Strategic Plan for Audit Department
What you need to bring to the table:
- CPA with five to ten years of current public accounting experience in the audit industry
- Attention to detail, work quality and application of professional and firm standards
- Knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- ProSystem FX Engagement is a plus but not required
What’s it in for you:
- Partnership opportunity
- Full benefit package including competitive salary, pension plan, health insurance, flex time, remote work options, and tax season bonus, paid vacation, holiday pay and continuing education
- A relaxed environment that encourages the FISH philosophy which is to have fun at work
- Compensation is $90,000 - $120,000 to start
If you are a CPA with 5-10 years of Audit experience in a public accounting setting who has the desire to work within a strong team environment where you can grow your career, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If this position sounds like you, please apply today for immediate consideration.