Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through 4 generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner.
Position has overall responsibility for cleaning and filling containers with correct product specification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Ability to read a work orders and order appropriate supplies based on Lot# and Location.
2. Communicates with fork lift drivers to bring supplies to line.
3. Verifies that supplies are correct (i.e. totes, drums, labels etc.).
4. Cleans containers before filling.
5. Fills containers (drums, totes, pails) to correct amount from work order stated requirements.
6. Ensures proper labeling of product.
7. Changes oils and provide samples to Quality Control for verification
8. Transfers oils from one container type to another
9. Maintains accurate paperwork in a timely manner.
10. Keeps area safe and clean throughout the shift, clean as you go
11. Trains new employees
12. Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
13. All other duties as required and assigned by the supervisor or manager
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multitask
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, and GMP’s in a food manufacturing environment a plus
Ability to lift 60 pounds
May require bending
Manufacturing work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer.