Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Current Vaccination (including Bivalent Booster) is an eligibility requirement for all positions unless in case of religious or medical exemption.
The RN is responsible for monitoring the health care status of program participants for assigned residential programs, act as a resource for all program staff to include providing regular training, to act as the Agency’s liaison with the supported individuals’ health care professionals, and to be a health care service advocate for all individuals. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team and, as necessary, provides specialized guidance to program staff and/or guardian and family members around medical/medication issues.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (40 hr/week)
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provides, advocates for, and monitors specialized and routine medical care to ensure that participants receive normative quality care, treatment, and respect in the community
- Provides direction and consultative support to program teams for routine and intensive medical supports and complex medical needs
- Coordinates medical information, healthcare, and nursing supports for referrals, intakes, and discharge process for participants and makes recommendations/provides guidance
- Monitor individual’s overall health care status and provides oversight of the agency’s electronic health records system.
- Oversees the accuracy of health-related records to ensure the implementation of services including all needed unique needs training for diagnoses, medications, and treatments
- Provides agency-wide and program specific staff training regarding all medical and nursing care and specific health related protocols as assigned
- Utilizes the nursing process to ensure that medical trainings are relevant, based on evidence-based practices by using available resources as well as in compliance with DDS and MAP standards
- Participates in staff and team meetings to ensure consideration of and provide information about medical and health issues
- Supervises team communication with healthcare providers, guardians, family members, interdisciplinary team to ensure all medical information is updated and available at all times
- Acts as liaison with local hospitals for admissions, course of hospitalization and discharges as well as general improvement of service delivery/coordination in conjunction with the Division Director of Nursing Services
- Provides consultation, case management and site visits as required
- Conducts nursing interventions as needed to ensure regulatory compliance
- Uncomplicated treatments may be performed on occasion when authorized by the Division Director of Nursing Services
- Enhance and promote the Arc of opportunity brand, strategic initiatives and organization’s mission through positive promotion and representation while actively engaging in professional networking
- Conducts Quarterly Health Care Review and Medication Administration audits for assigned programs
- Documents each recipient's health status via an annual health/dental assessment quarterly
- Other nursing related duties as assigned
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to exert light to moderate physical effort which may involve lifting up to 25 pounds, pushing and/or pulling objects of similar weight
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration of Nursing
- A valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record, acceptable CORI and current RN licensure are required throughout the duration of employment with The Arc of Opportunity
- Proven ability to utilize electronic health record systems to monitor compliance (currently iCentrix and HCSIS)
Good working knowledge of and commitment to residential group home setting
A minimum of two years prior experience with elderly or disabled persons
The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.