Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Provides overall management, recruitment, and direction of Day Habilitation and Family Support (along with recreation) programs including managing staff, developing and managing budgets, participating in obtaining funds and grants, and development and implementation of policies and procedures in alignment with the strategic direction of the organization. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Day Supports and serves in an informational/collaborative role to their peers, direct reports, senior leadership team.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Day Supports, senior leadership, division peers and direct reports in the coordination and execution of Agency & program goals
- Ensures operational and service standard compliance with all Federal, State and agency policies within the Day and Family Support divisions
- Acts as the primary leadership mentor for staff and interdisciplinary team members by providing necessary developmental training support and ensures mandatory training compliance in the assigned programs
- Responsible for the development, implementation & monitoring of program management objectives and systems
- Develops and executes short/ long term goals which enhance and support organizational strategic plan and priority initiatives
- Provides input and assists in determining intake, transfer and discharge decisions regarding individuals utilizing program/services
- Mathematical aptitude for budgetary, funding, cost benefits analysis and general business purposes
- Timely and accurate coding for services into electronic medical records system for billing purposes
- Enhances and promotes The Arc of Opportunity's strategic initiatives, overall brand, and organizational mission and values through positive promotion and representation while actively engaging in professional networking
- Functional and situational reasoning ability to gather and apply factual information, exercise sound judgment, problem solve and apply principles of influence systems such as motivation, team building, accountability, coaching/counseling of staff and leadership within the scope of the position
- Cross functional communication skills in written and oral English which convey dear direction, desired results, and vision to direct reports, individuals/families served, government agencies, community partners, funding sources, peers and senior management
- Maintains required certification and recertification as required and in accordance with agency, State and Federal guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field and a minimum of five years' experience providing day and community support services, three of which must be in a multi program, supervisory role
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, CORI, and Fingerprint checks are required
- Experienced training, supervisory, budgetary, and advocacy skills
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, both in verbal and written English
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated skills in conciliation, leadership, supervision, teamwork and training
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, analyze, evaluate, and plan
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to physically assist individuals according to their needs and perform a physical restraint
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to provide management oversight effectively
Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.
Competencies: Leadership, Development, Monitoring, Intakes, Budgets, Analysis, Management, Development Disabilities