Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Current Vaccination (including Bivalent Booster) is an eligibility requirement, unless in case of medical or religious exemption.
The Accounting Department Manager is responsible for overseeing all finance and accounting operations, ensuring accounting records are accurate, and maintaining a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, produce accurately reported financial results, and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Directly supervises Accounting Clerks
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm (40 hr/week)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and computerized accounting systems
- Analytical ability
- Organizational skills
- Ability to apply logic
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations relating to payroll, payroll taxes and human resources
- Supervisory skills to hire, train, develop, supervise, evaluate and support professional growth of direct reports
- Leadership skills to develop a strong, efficient and collaborative Accounting Team that works well together and with other teams
- Oversee the operations of the Finance Department including design of an organizational structure to achieve the Department’s goals and objectives
- Direct the month-end and year-end close processes
- Maintain, monitor, and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures including a robust system of internal controls
- Develop and implement new systems and procedures to enhance the workflow and improve operational efficiency of the department
- Monitor all state contracts to maximize revenue
- Manage, support and develop Accounting Department staff members
- Ensure systems and procedures are in place to administer clean audits
- Develop new reporting metrics and improve the company’s existing processes
- Monitor cash flow including Receivables and Payables to safe guard and efficiently use the organizations assets
- Support the culture of The Arc of Opportunity by incorporating The Way of The Arc fundamentals and other initiatives into all interactions.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and CORI are required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, 2 years of experience in relevant field.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25lbs
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Functional and situational reasoning ability to gather and apply factual information, exercise sound judgment, problem solve.
- Written and oral communication skills which convey clear and concise information in a professional and respectful manner in all interactions.
- Full vaccination status unless a medical or religious exemption
The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.