Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition # 220331
Title: Digital Social Media Specialist
Department: Corp. Mktg and Communications / Talent Acquisition
Posting Date: 10/12/2021
Shift Length: 8 hrs.
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center, 100 Front Street, Worcester, MA.
Builds and optimizes our social media and web properties and strategies, engages in proactive link building, tracks the effectiveness of campaigns, develops content and maintains day-to-day social media conversations. Responsible for the day-to-day management of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media profiles for the organization, and driving traffic to the corporate website. Works under the direction of the Manager, Media and Public Relations, with dotted line to Online Marketing Account Manager, and in collaboration with members of the marketing and communications team, as well as with client business partners.
- Develops and manages social media channels and content including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs etc.
- Assists with refreshing website content on an ongoing basis.
- Performs online analytics tracking and reporting (Cision, Google Analytics, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey) for campaigns and quarterly department scorecard.
- Produces e-mail campaigns and e-newsletters, and maintains corresponding databases
- Supports Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) programs.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in social media, with proven experience building successful social media profiles for organizations from the ground up.
- Solid understanding of social media landscape, platforms and measurement tools.
- Foundation in web functionality and leveraging analytics to optimize performance.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of current and emerging social media channels.
- Organized, detail oriented and focused on execution.
- Solutions oriented/problem solver.
- Active listening skills with a strong sense of customer service.
- Demonstrated writing ability and presentation skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management attributes to be demonstrated through interaction with physicians, administrative leadership, employees and community members.
- Self-directed with an ability to set priorities and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience within a health care environment.
- Strong editorial background with outstanding writing/journalistic skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and/or experience with tools used to modify web pages and edit web imagery.
- Experience in e-mail marketing/campaign management, pay-per-click (PPC) and online display advertising, and SEO.
Standards of Respect: