Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Orion Industries Inc. designs and manufactures custom die-cut parts specializing in electrical insulation, thermal transfer materials, EMI/RFI shielding laminates and gaskets, utilizing Laser cutting, Waterjet cutting, Die cutting, CNC drilling/routing and line bending. For almost 40 years, we have been supplying parts to many different industries such as Aerospace, Electronics, Medical device, Telecommunications and Military. We are AS9100 Registered.
Job Title: Machine Operator
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position: FT, 40 hrs, 7:00am to 3:30pm, Mon-Fri
Perform punch and hydraulic press, laminating, slitter, cutoff and other machine operations to notch, slot and punch holes in materials, to laminate surfaces, to pack parts for shipping; parts cleaning and (sub)assembly.
- Operate designated machines involved in the processing or fabrication of parts and components. Sequence of operations, speeds and feeds, tooling are prescribed or selected within limits. Make some minor machine adjustments. Have work periodically inspected. Tolerances between holes and surfaces may be close but are controlled by others.
- May make some simple punch, flat or hydraulic press and other machine setups.
- Perform a variety of parts hand cleaning, material cutting, trimming or separation, splitting, non-complex subassembly or final assembly. Make necessary visual or gaged (template) inspections using SPC standards. Count, identify box or pack and stack completed work or items to be shipped. Maintain records of work performed.
- Maintain established quality and quantity standards. Follow prescribed safety precautions, established company department policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision. Maintain work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Over 3 and up to 6 months experience in machine operating or manufacturing setting.
- Reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards.
- Physical stamina and strength.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.