POSITION TITLE: General Machinist & Mechanic
Perform a wide variety of mechanical and machining duties in a Metal Stamping facility in Orange, MA, including maintenance & repair of production and building machinery and support machining for an in-house tool & die shop. Work from drawings, prints, sketches, manuals, handbooks, sample parts and other verbal or written information. Perform various exacting tool room machining operations to include sharpening and polishing various blanking & drawing dies and use a variety of precision measuring instruments and various hand and power tools. Interact with vendors and contractors as necessary to support maintenance and tool room functions. Incorporate a variety of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and machining skills. Perform all work in the safest manner possible.
- Create, modify, repair, polish and sharpen a variety of types & sizes of tools and dies for metalforming operations.
- Perform skilled surface plate and bench work to layout, assemble, diagnose and correct problems to ensure satisfactory performance of tooling.
- Use a wide variety of adjustable precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, verniers, height gauges, indicators, etc. Set-up and operate a normal range of tool room machine tools such as lathes, millers, grinders, drill presses, etc. and recommend tooling required for production operations.
- Build, repair and maintain various jigs and fixtures for production operations as required.
- Mig weld as needed for installation, repair or creation of parts and fixtures.
- Repair, install, adapt, inspect and maintain machinery as directed, primarily mechanical and hydraulic punch presses, press brakes, shears, feeders and other accessory equipment.
- Detect and report unusual or unsafe situations or conditions and other problems.
- Interpret and incorporate maintenance manuals, part drawings, exploded views, dimensional specifications, on-line resources as needed to perform duties.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the work area.
- Follow all prescribed safety rules, regulations and practices and ensure that all tooling, dies & machinery are properly operating and guarded according to OSHA standards.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed.
- Proficiency in the English language, spoken and written, at the high school level is required.
- Proficiency in general math & geometry is required.
- Comprehensive set of personal tooling is required.
- Familiarity with electrical & electronic troubleshooting & repair, basic desktop computer programs & AutoCad, and CNC programming are desired.
The description above represents the most significant duties of this position but does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned but required in order to meet the overall strategic need of the company at any time.
Located in Orange, MA - full time, pay is commensurate with experience