Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Title: AVP, Privacy Office
Department: Privacy & Compliance
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center
Posting Date: 10/25/21
Shift Length: 8
Manages the planning, implementation, oversight, auditing, monitoring and ongoing operation of an effective Privacy program that meets the requirements of applicable federal and state regulations. Collaborates with UMMH’s Chief Information Security Officer to ensure coordination between the Privacy program and the Information Security program.
- Functions as the UMass Memorial Health – System-wide Chief Privacy Officer and the CPO for UMass Memorial Medical Center (UMMMC), UMass Memorial Medical Group (UMMMG) and UMass Memorial Accountable Care Organization (ACO)
- Researches and monitors state and national Privacy legislative and regulatory activity, and revises or creates new standards and policies/procedures to ensure continued compliance. Ensures any changes are communicated to appropriate workforce members, the Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, UMass Memorial member entity Compliance Officers and Privacy Officers, and Privacy and Information Security committees. Subscribes to appropriate compliance literature and attends conferences as necessary to stay current on industry standards and issues. Responds to questions and issues related to privacy compliance throughout UMMH and acts as a resource to member entity hospitals for federal and state privacy-related issues.
- Facilitates and oversees the development and/or revision of standards, policies and procedures required to implement the privacy compliance program and ensures the effective communication of this information to workforce members, the Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, UMass Memorial member entity Compliance Officers and Privacy Officers, Privacy and Information Security committees, vendors and suppliers. Ensures privacy standards, policies and procedures are aligned with system compliance standards, policies and procedures. Coordinates the implementation of the necessary privacy procedural and process changes throughout all UMMH entities.
- Oversees the Privacy and Information Security Committee in coordination and collaboration with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). Ensures appropriate representation of clinical and administrative disciplines for discussion and identification of potential risk areas. Ensures necessary member entity Privacy risk assessments and self audits are completed.
- Responsible for initiating and monitoring the investigation and resolution of privacy breach complaints. Develops corrective action plans to affect necessary changes. Ensures consistent application of disciplinary policies. Responsible for required reporting to state and federal agencies related to identified privacy breaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care administration or similar discipline
- JD. or Masters’ Degree in Health Care administration or similar discipline
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance or Healthcare Privacy and Security preferred upon hire and required within first year of employment.
- Six to eight years of experience with healthcare operations, regulatory compliance, or similar field.
- Strong project management skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and independent decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated facilitation, training and presentation skills.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computerized software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation layout, etc.
- Significant supervisory privacy and/or security experience in an academic medical center/health system
- Extensive knowledge required regarding compliance with privacy regulations, OCR, Federal Sentencing Guidelines, and healthcare laws and regulations.
- Thorough technical and working understanding of all related regulations
- Significant experience with managing implementation of procedures to designed to ensure compliance with all pertinent regulations.
- Extensive experience required conducting investigations and interviews.
- Experience in overseeing the coordination, drafting and submission of responses to regulatory agencies, such as the OCR.
- Familiarity with quality improvement processes and methodologies.
Standards of Respect: