Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
The New Business Representative is responsible for prospecting, quoting, and binding new Personal Lines accounts. This position will develop new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contribute to meeting team growth goals. Specific sales goals are determined during the yearly planning process for this position.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for marketing and placing new personal insurance accounts through on-line quoting and/or by completing and submitting applications and related documentation to appropriate insurance markets.
- Prepare proposals that educate customers and make suggestions for appropriate coverage. This includes identifying any gaps in their current coverage and/or potential risk control concerns.
- Develop new business relationships and perpetuate a loyal customer base through outbound calls and other communication methods.
- Cross-sell existing accounts, which includes developing monoline policy lists generated by the agency systems as well as company systems.
- Ask for referrals from insureds to help generate new business.
- Refer clients to Financial Services Department and Business Insurance for other insurance needs.
- Keep informed of changing trends within the industry for the purpose of anticipating and responding to customer needs.
- Meet sales and profitability objectives as established by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technologically savvy; must be able to work with multiple carrier rating systems and have experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, have effective interaction with people through written and verbal communication. Multilingual ability would be a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to self-manage priorities and workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of client sales, transactions and other responsibilities.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks in a fast paced, high pressure/high reward environment.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent; College education desirable or equivalent insurance experience.
- 3 years of Personal Insurance experience with a strong understanding of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations.
- Insurance sales experience desired with strong sales appetite and desire to win.
- P&C or PL license or ability to obtain within the first year of employment.