Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition # 220209
Title: Network Operations Technician
Department: Information Systems
Shift Length: 10 hrs.
Location: UMass Memorial Health, 100 Front street, Worcester, MA.
Schedule: Hours are 9 pm - 7:30 am with a rotating schedule of 4 days each week, working every other weekend.
Responsible for detecting, analyzing, documenting, and coordinating timely response to infrastructure service issues - 24x7x365. These service issues are relayed through various means, and relate to servers, network connectivity and storage thresholds. Responsible for seeing the full resolution of trouble tickets and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Fields inbound trouble tickets from clients and uses remote monitoring and diagnosis tools to identify, troubleshoot and resolve server/network issues.
- Proactively monitor server/network environment using management tools (ex. Nagios/VROPS/AKIPS/NetMRI).
- Responds to alerts and alarms for backup, disk space, services, memory, CPU utilization according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Analyzes server hardware, operating system and network connectivity issues and communicates clearly within IS, and with clients.
- Coordinates Server/Network repairs and assists vendors/analysts with testing of repairs.
Required: Associate’s degree in technical or related field.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree of Science in technical field.
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in a technical capacity.
- Must have strong skills in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and problem resolution.
- Must have excellent analytical, communication, and customer interfacing skills, as well as a good working knowledge of IP, including IP network architecture, routing protocols, peering and DNS.
- Must have knowledge of core network architecture, wireless device operation, switching and routing concepts, firewalls and active traffic management techniques and tools including NATing, caching and compression and basic network security background including SSL and IPSEC.
- Basic knowledge of network hardware, TCP/IP, routing, network security and telecommunication circuits.
- Must have experience with Structured Cabling and Network Wiring.
- Must be self-motivated with the ambition to problem-solve, learn and create one’s own mechanisms for resolving issues and most importantly, communicate effectively with the ability to work in a team environment. Must be able to work independently.
- This position requires regular and recurring shift work. Must be willing and available to work rotating shifts. Must be able to travel from site to site as needed.
- Minimum of one year of professional network experience.
- Working knowledge of Layer 1 optical transport networks and equipment and expertise.
- Experience in systems administration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Standards of Respect: