Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
About The Arc of Opportunity
The Arc of Opportunity is a civil and human rights movement, supporting individuals with disabilities and their families in North Central Massachusetts. Our mission is to create and support lifetime opportunities in the community for individuals with disabilities and their families to reach their fullest potential. We seek caring, compassionate, and reliable staff interested in making a difference in the lives of others.
Recruitment Specialist Job Description
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for coordinating the recruitment processes, to include position advertisement, prescreening applicants, and coordinating with managers.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
- Designs effective job advertisements and marketing material, which will attract suitable candidates, for various job boards and social media platforms.
- Develop and implement recruiting strategies to meet current and anticipated staffing needs, determining appropriate recruiting sources.
- Generates and distributes a weekly Job Requisition Report to hiring managers, supervisors and directors as routine follow up to ensure requisitions are up to date.
- Screens qualified candidates to ensure candidates meet minimum job requirements, education requirements, and licensing requirements as appropriate. Refers qualified candidates to the hiring manager.
- Via email, circulates screened in applications to appropriate hiring manager, supervisor, or director.
- Via HRIS (ADP) system, changes status based on applicant qualifications and maintains ADP database of applicants ensuring managers are updating applicant status in timely manner.
- Candidates not selected are reviewed for possible candidacy for other vacancies and forwarded to hiring managers as appropriate.
- Attend job fairs and recruitment events in the community to establish The Arc as a local employer of choice and to distribute information regarding current openings at The Arc.
- Coordinates with the Benefits Assistant and hiring manager in transitioning candidates into the new hire/onboarding process and throughout initial orientation training.
- Maintain updated job descriptions based on management feedback and funding requirements.
- Monitor candidate responses and communicate with applicants regarding application status in a timely manner.
- Ensures new hires with licensing and/or education
requirements provide copies of required paperwork within 90 days of hire.
- Develop relationships with community agencies to help distribute job openings to the people they serve and help establish The Arc as an employer of choice.
- Acts as main liaison for HR interns
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and minimum of three years’ experience in Human Resources
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record, OIG,CORI, SORI, and Fingerprint results are required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate Excel skills, and Social Media
- Ability to work effectively in HRIS software
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., kneel, bend and carry items, sustain periods of walking, standing, and sitting
- Mental Requirements:
- Mathematical aptitude for budgetary, funding, cost/benefit analysis and general business purposes
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in written and oral English
- Ability to convey clear directions, desired results and vision to recruits, community partners, peers and senior management
- Functional and situational reasoning to follow policy, problem solve, exercise sound judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage crisis
The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.