Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 217770
Title: Leave of Absence Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center
Posting Date: 10/21/21
Shift Length: 8
Responsible for the Leave of Absence programs (FMLA, LOA, STD, LTD) which includes investigation, case management, and coordination of income replacement benefits. Position is employer’s primary liaison with employees, management and insurance carriers to ensure all applicable policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains employee Leave of Absence (LOA) files, maintains related databases, tracks data and reports on LOA metrics.
- Provides consultation to management and Human Resources regarding leave of absence programs, policies and practices.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of UMass Memorial Health Care (UMMHC) leave policies, collective bargaining agreements, and current practices. Ensures that internal processes are consistent and within scope of collectively bargained agreements
- Assist in the development of documentation through factual investigations on all assault cases. Documents activities and results of investigations along with an analysis and plan for resolution. Performs data and information gathering in an efficient and effective manner. Maintains an activity file of open cases with an emphasis on resolution /case closure.
- Assist in identifying areas for LOA and disability process improvement opportunities, and contributes to the development and definition of standards for new processes organization wide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Three to five years’ human resource experience or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of FMLA and related legislation.
- Solid computer skills utilizing Excel, Word, Power Point, etc..
- Excellent written communication, oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to appropriately communicate with all levels of employee and management.
- Ability and willingness to train other team members.
- Ability to identify, assess, and resolve complex issues/problems.
- Case management experience.
- Experience with collectively bargained agreements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Standards of Respect: