Job Summary: Specifically trained to perform, document and report to a radiologist the results from any and all non-invasive vascular diagnostic procedures. To maintain optimum standards of safety care during all procedures. Problem solving skills, ability to work independently and good interpersonal skills are mandatory for relating with patients, physicians and co-workers. The technologist should also be able to recognize when the patient’s disease state is out of the realm of their experience level and defer to the radiologist for assistance. Assists supervisor with Quality Improvement Plan for laboratory. Promote and market the service to MDs, patients, and families.
- Bachelor of Science degree is preferred, but not required.
- Graduation from an AMA-approved school of Diagnostic Medical Ultrasonography
- Completion of approved course in Non-invasive Vascular testing with Certificate of Completion.
- RDMS RVT certification preferred. IAC is also acceptable
- Minimum of one-year experience in an active, Non-invasive Vascular Laboratory
- Registered with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Ultrasonography.