Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Unit Manager (Registered Nurse/RN)
Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley
Live the Mission
The RN Unit Manager is responsible for supervising, implementing, coordinating, and managing patient care through interpersonal contact with patients, families, nursing staff, and others on his/her respective unit in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Nursing diploma (associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nursing)
- Currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year geriatric nursing experience preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Advanced knowledge in field of practice
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Effectively direct the daily functions of unit nurses and CNAs to provide leadership on the floor
- Chart appropriately, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Provide, manage, and coordinate patient care and services through interpersonal contact which allows patients to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well being
- Accurately prepare and administer medication as ordered by a physician
- Respond in a leadership capacity to emergency situations related to patient and staff safety
- Coordinate patient care plans and services
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer