Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Title: Supervisor Clinical Team
Department: Home Health & Hospice
Requisition #: 202569
Shift: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with potential for weekend coverage. On-call alternating with Clinical Manager.
Posting Date: 03/25/2020
Location: HealthAlliance, Leominster Campus
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are committed to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision, support, and education of an assigned clinical team which includes, but is not limited to, RNs, LPNs, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants, Speech Therapists, Social Workers, and Home Health Aides. Works under the direction of the Clinical Manager to ensure the delivery of high-quality services for patients and maximize the performance of individuals to create an efficient and effective clinical team.
- Provides direct supervision of an interdisciplinary teams which includes, but is not limited to, RNs, LPNs, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants, Speech Therapists, Social Workers, and Home Health Aides.
- Manages the assignment of care, clinical integrity of practice, and flow of documentation through support of team members.
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks for the efficient utilization of available resources.
- Collaborates with the Performance Improvement Team regarding OASIS integrity, individual abilities, and deficits in documentation. Ensures the timely and accurate completion and submission of all documentation by the clinical team.
- Provides education to the clinical team related to the accurate capture of the clinical and functional impairment of patients as documented in the OASIS-C document.
- Participates in interdisciplinary work teams to improve quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of services.
- Ensures the clinical team complies with mandated orientation, education, meetings, and committee assignments in a timely manner.
- Assists Clinical Manager with on call and weekend schedules to ensure adequate coverage of services.
- Manages work requests as assigned by the Clinical Manager and triages issues from the clinical team.
- Provides guidance to the team on clinical priorities.
- Maintains knowledge of current laws and regulations of federal, state, and regulatory bodies pertaining to home health and hospice.
Standard Supervisor Level Responsibilities:
- Supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Meets established productivity standards.
- Facilitates and promotes the sharing of knowledge and content throughout departments.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the UMass Memorial Health System True North.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital and serve as a role model for CARES values.
- Adheres to change control processes.
- Participates in cross training to optimize department resources.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains and fosters an organized, clean and safe work environment.
- Contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required or directed. Keeps current with hospital and unit changes by reading communication boards and/or books, bulletin boards, posted notices and reads and responds to e mails on a regular basis.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Encourages and supports diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, respect, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Integrates diversity into departmental objectives, such as hiring, promotions, training, vendor selections, etc.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and demonstrates the use of quality improvement in daily operations.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as Joint Commission, DPH, etc. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that department complies with hospital established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for department.
- Develops and maintains established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed.
All responsibilities are essential job functions.
- Current and unrestricted Commonwealth of Massachusetts license in nursing (Registered Nurse), physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech language pathology
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive experience in home health or hospice
- Minimum one (1) year of leadership/supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to coordinate the resources of the agency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate peers and subordinates
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.
Department-specific competencies, including age-specific competencies and their measurements, will be developed and maintained in the individual departments. The competencies will be maintained and attached to the departmental job description. Responsible managers will review competencies with position incumbents.