Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley
Live the Mission
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) provides direct rehab care in speech therapy to patients upon physician referral in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited program in speech therapy (minimum MS or MA SLP)
- ASHA certified (CCCs) OR must be eligible for 9 month Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) in order to earn ASHA certification (CCCs) and/or meeting ASHA credentialing criteria. Once achieved, must maintain ASHA credentialing.
- Currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year experience in post acute care or related setting preferred
- CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e mail
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Establish, assess, and modify realistic, measurable, timely, and functional goals
- (SLP CCC only) Must be able to oversee and evaluate care given by SLP CFYs
- (SLP CFY only) Must be able to follow speech therapy treatment plans for patients under direction of the supervising SLP CCC and in accordance with Federal and State guidelines
- Chart appropriately and timely
- Utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer