Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Application Deadline: N/A
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the geriatric psychiatric unit. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision
• Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
• Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
• Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the geriatric patient.
• Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
• Provides care appropriate to the geriatric patient.
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
• Documentation that meets current standards and policies.
• Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Current MA RN Licensure required.
• BSN, demonstrated clinical competence in the specialty area of nursing practice preferred.
• BCLS required
• At least one year experience in long term care, medical-surgical or geri-psych required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!