Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 217364
Title: PROCEDURAL TECHNICIAN
Location: Leominster Campus
Posting Date: 09/16/21
Shift: 8 hour days, variable start times. Call on eves, nights, weekends and holidays required
Union: Non- Union
Shift Length: 8
Qualifications: must have previous procedural scrub tech experience. BLS certification required.
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are committed to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The Procedural Technician in any area performs the necessary technical duties that assist physicians and nurses in the provision of patient care according to the SGNA or AWHONN standards. Reprocessing Room- performs the necessary technical procedures in the reprocessing and maintenance of the equipment according to the manufacturer’s Instructions for Use (IFU’s).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Provides assistance in proper patient position according to positioning guidelines as defined in policies and procedures.
- Provides patient comfort during the procedure to meet the patient’s needs.
- Collects specimens and hands off to the circulating nurse with appropriate description and labeling.
- Handles procedural equipment in a safe manner according to proper procedure or policy. Reports any malfunction to appropriate person.
- Reprocesses and maintains equipment according to standards of infection control, policies/procedures, and manufacturer’s IFU’s.
- Assists the provider during the procedure, as directed.
- Responds appropriately, calmly and immediately in emergency situations.
- Makes fiscally responsible actions with patient care needs, supplies and equipment.
- Complies with all department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in and completes all appropriate Hospital and department specific training requirements.
- Works or takes weekend, holiday or overnight call, as required by the position.
Job duties for all positions:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the UMass Memorial Health System True North.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance Hospitals and serve as a role model for the CARES
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work environment.
- Actively contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee populations. Supports and encourage diverse points of view, work and lifestyles.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of procedural equipment and instrumentation function, preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
High school diploma required.
Prior experience in a procedural unit or similar environment required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
Standards of Respect: