Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Title: Labor & Delivery Certified Surgical Tech
Department: Maternity, Labor & Delivery
Requisition #: 218058
Hours: Per Diem
Shift: Variable days and shifts. Requires a minimum of 4 shifts per month, at least two of which must be off shift (evening, night, weekend) and includes holiday and weekend rotation and occasional on call.
Posting Date: 09/30/2021
Location: HealthAlliance Leominster Campus
This position requires both of the following:
Current certification as a Surgical Tech (CST)
Clinical Labor & Delivery Experience
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are committed to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The Labor & Delivery Technician performs various clinical and technical functions in the Labor & Delivery Unit under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Responds to direction and assists the health care team in the care of antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum families.
Job duties specific to this position:
- Provides assistance with direct patient care through collaboration with other health care professionals and under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs skills and procedures specific to the scrub role proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and procedures.
- Adheres to the principles of infection control in all aspects of the technician role.
- Cleans, stocks and re-stocks rooms with supplies, tools and instruments at the beginning of each shift and between patients, or as needed.
- Assembles, sets up and handles all surgical instruments in a safe manner.
- Routinely checks all wrapped instruments for integrity and sterility and returns those not meeting standard.
- Follows established protocol for the identification and repair of broken or malfunctioning instruments and specialty equipment.
- Promptly informs L&D Charge Nurse and/or MCH Manager or other designee of equipment requiring repair; maintenance or replacement.
- Cleans horizontal surfaces, floors and overhead lights in OR after each Cesarean Section.
- Cleans, stocks and organizes operating room shelves daily. Notifies appropriate person of shortages or problems.
- Cleans, disinfects and sets up instrument tables for vaginal deliveries and cesarean births.
- gical procedures.
- Assists in maintenance of a Safe Anesthetic Environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique, hemostatis and surgical sequence.
- Adheres to OR sterilization and disinfection policy for all instruments and specialty equipment. Adheres to OR policy for electrosurgical unit safety.
- Properly handles specimens intraoperatively and for transportation
- Demonstrates safe handling of infectious wastes (placenta) and contamination materials when handling and disposing of linen or trash according to policy.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation function for labor and delivery and other cases performed within the unit.
- Knowledge of infection control, sterile and aseptic techniques, homeostasis and surgical sequence.
High School Diploma required.
Coursework in medical terminology preferred.
A minimum of 6 to 12 months experience as a surgical/scrub technician preferred.
Labor & Delivery experience required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
Current certification as a Surgical Tech
Standards of Respect: