Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
We are looking for an Prep Cook to join the team at our fast-paced kitchen at Forge & Vine on Main Street in Groton!
Location: The Groton Inn, Groton, MA
Hours: Part-time and full-time available, typically AM shifts. Must be available weekends.
Compensation: $17 to $20 per hour, depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: Previous culinary experience is preferred.
Preparation of cold foods, salads, appetizers and desserts to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards, following established food production programs and procedures. Work closely with Executive Chef/Sous Chef, Garde Manager or Pastry Chef to help guarantee our guests a dining experience which exceeds their expectations.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensure that all mise en place is prepared for respective stations as well as proper forecasting of prep needs for assigned station.
· Prepare food products and execute cold foods, salads, appetizers and desserts meeting the standards of the Executive Chef, Pastry Chef, Hotel Management and our guests, ensuring that food production is coordinated with meal hours so that quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
· Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, steamers, mixers and chef’s knives.
· Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner. Have a knowledge of common food allergies and cross contamination issues to endure diner safety.
· Maintain food safety, work station and personal cleanliness and sanitations standards as required by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of kitchen equipment.
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 60 pounds between knee and chest
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift
· Protect the assets of this property and the Migis Hotel Group.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· Previous experience as a cold prep cook in a similar property, culinary school or completion of apprenticeship program preferred, or proven experience in higher volume and/or fine dining kitchens.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to understand verbal directions, as well as written menus, recipes, labels on foods and chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
· Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces.
· Occasional stair climbing.
· Working in extreme temperatures conditions both indoors and out.
· Schedule varies according to operational needs; may includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Frequent hand-washing
· Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts from knives and slicers, exposure to raw meat, poultry, seafood and produce, burns, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.