Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Join our talented team of culinary and experienced management staff at The Groton Inn. Now that events our back this is a great time to start in the food and beverage industry. We have a full training program and will give you all the tools to be successful. Schedules are flexible from week to week. Serve Guests with all of our Covid-19 policies and procedures in place. Banquet Server will be responsible for setting and breaking down room. Serving food and cocktails to our guests in a fun and professional environment. There will be Banquet Supervisors on for all events to support you in your daily tasks.
Location: The Groton Inn, Groton, MA
Hours: Part-time, 10 - 25 hours per week
Compensation: $6.15 per hour + tips
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: Previous serving experience strongly preferred.
Working as a member of our Food & Beverage Team, ensure that guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service, understanding menu items and food preparation techniques, serving/clearing food and drinks. Work closely with Kitchen Staff and Food & Beverage personnel to help guarantee our guests a dining experience which exceeds their expectations.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance with a properly cleaned uniform.
· Greet guests warmly, politely and in a timely manner once seated. Speak to guests with enthusiasm at all times.
· Be prepared to answer questions about menu items and food preparation
· Answer questions from patrons about beverages and beverage service. Understand regulatory responsibilities regarding service of alcoholic beverages.
· Deliver food and beverage to tables in an efficient manner following appropriate table service techniques
· Be available to guests to assist with any needs, corrections or additional items desired during service. Understand when guests are unsatisfied with a meal and how to handle the situation.
· Be able to determine when guests have finished meals, clearing tables in an efficient manner following appropriate table service techniques.
· Ability to safely operate restaurant equipment including, but not limited to coffee makers, refrigeration, juice machines, soup warmers, toasters
· Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner. Share information with customers about the status of their orders. Have a basic understanding of common food allergies and communicate these issues to the kitchen to ensure diner safety.
· Complete side work as assigned (resetting tables, stocking supplies, cleaning, etc.)
· Participate in set up, execution, and clean up of banquet functions as outlined in Banquet Event Orders/Event Sheets and as directed by Sales & Catering Manager/Food Manager
· Maintain food safety, service station and personal cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by Nashoba Board of Health and Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of banquet rooms
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift/carry product up to 50 pounds between knee and shoulders.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· Previous food & beverage service work preferred, but not always required.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work as a part of a team.
· Ability to understand verbal directions, as well as written menus, recipes, labels on foods and chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
· Active listening and observation skills.
· Knowledge of common food allergies and understanding of cross-contamination issues.
· Outgoing personality, with good oral comprehension, expression, and speech clarity.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.