Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Forge & Vine, located in Groton Massachusetts, is looking to hire an experienced line cook to join our culinary team. While we focus on the seasonality of New England, we like to offer creative dishes influenced with international techniques and flavors bringing something familiar and approachable yet exciting and different to our guests. We are an open kitchen so personal hygiene and cleanliness are a must. We have a 156 seats restaurant plus seasonal outdoor seating with a gorgeous view of Gibbet Hill. At the Inn we offer breakfast seven days a week as well as lunch, dinner and wedding event functions. Our Executive Chef has spent time in Manhattan, Nantucket and Los Angeles working for Michelin stared chefs as well as prestigious private clubs and fine dining restaurants. Whether you are looking to start your culinary career or are looking to expand and hone your skills, The Groton Inn and Forge & Vine would like to help you succeed in achieving your career goals.
Location: Forge & Vine, Groton, MA
Hours: Full-time, shifts typically 2pm - 10pm
Compensation: $18 to $25 per hour, depending on experience + $500 signing bonus ($150 upon first paycheck, remainder after satisfactory review within 45 days of hiring)
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k, discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: 1 years experience as line/prep cook
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The high-quality care, well-being, and overall recognition of our guests and associates.
- Interact with guests and associates daily, ensuring their experiences exceed expectations.
- Communicate effectively with all F&B management.
- Perform daily prep work.
- Work a restaurant station nightly.
- Assist with walk-in organization.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by OSHA and the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services. Perform or communicate general maintenance and upkeep of all equipment, providing a safe working environment.
- Protect the assets of Forge & Vine and the Migis Hotel Group through constant awareness of general upkeep of all kitchen equipment.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Minimum 1 year as a Line Cook at similar institution.
- Some experience in resorts/hotels and free-standing restaurants.
- Culinary school graduate or completed certified apprenticeship program preferred, but not necessary.
- Good knowledge of food and beverage operations and preparation techniques.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven experience in restaurant kitchens or banquet kitchens, or both.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Must be a team player, able to build and maintain strong working relationships with all other members of the management team. Must be able to change activity frequently and work with constant interruptions Able to take direction. Career-minded.