Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Greet guests arriving at Forge & Vine. Now that Summer is here, we will have our tent open and there are shifts that you will be able to work outside. Answering phones and help to give the guests the information that they need. We use OpenTable and we will train you on operations. We have Covid-19 policies and procedures in place for the safety of our team and guests. Sanitizing throughout your shift is the responsibility of all team-members. Great environment to work in with room for growth. Work with our talented culinary team and experienced management staff. We offer full training programs and will give you all the tools to be successful.
Location: Forge & Vine, Groton, MA
Hours: Part-time, typical shifts are 3:30 to 9 PM Weeknights and Weekends.
Compensation: $14.75+ per hour.
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: Previous front of house experience preferred, but we will train right candidate.
The Dining Room Host may be the first person guests encounter at our restaurants, so must greet guests efficiently, welcoming them with warmth and enthusiasm. Dining Room Host seats guests according to restaurant standards, provides menus, ensures servers are aware of guests seated in their sections, as well as answering guest questions and handling special requests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance and dressed according to property expectations.
· Understand the organization of the dining room, seating charts, reservation list and members of the service team
· Make sure menus are properly organized, neat, clean and reflect the standards of the restaurant.
· Have knowledge of names of and recognize repeat or frequent diners.
· Welcome all guests with warmth and enthusiasm and provide initial orientation to the dining experience as they wait for an available table or as you escort them to their table. Be sure that guests are kept comfortable and informed if a wait is required.
· Seat guests according to restaurant organization and seating policies, providing menus to each diner and clearly explaining restaurant specific generalities and special information for guests. Alert servers that guests have been seated at their tables.
· Assist service personnel with pouring water, clearing tables, resetting tables, providing dessert menus as needed.
· Keep host station/reception desk organized and restaurant entrance neat according to property expectations.
· Have knowledge of cash collection and change making system in restaurant.
· Say good-bye to guests as they depart – if notified of any issues, notify a supervisor or manager so they can be addressed.
· Be prepared to answer basic questions about the property, activities, etc., or know where to refer guests for answers.
· Work with other members of the Dining Room Team to ensure that guest’s need are continually met. Make restaurant management aware of any special needs so that notes can be made for future visits.
· Handle and communicate guest requests, special needs and guest complaints in a professional manner.
· Label and submit all lost and found items according to property procedures.
· Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 30 pounds between knee and shoulders.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work as a part of a team.
· Ability to understand verbal directions, menu details, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
· Active listening and observation skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.