Vice President, Compliance Officer
Workers Credit Union seeks an energetic, experienced Vice President, Compliance Officer to join our exceptional Risk Management Department. The position will be located in Fitchburg MA and moving to Littleton, MA to our brand new headquarters at the beginning of second quarter 2020.
Since 1914, Workers Credit Union has been passionate about fulfilling our members’ financial needs throughout all phases of their lives; assisting charitable organizations with our time, talent and treasure; and providing employees with a dynamic work environment and opportunity to realize their career goals.
As our VP, Compliance Officer you will assist the Chief Risk Officer in shaping the future of Risk Management in one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in Massachusetts. You will oversee the Compliance Management and BSA/AML/OFAC Program and Framework, and manage a small group of Risk Management employees.
- Oversee the compliance management program and provide oversight and support to the BSA Officer in their management of the BSA/AM/OFAC Program.
- Remain highly knowledgeable on federal and state laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union
- Evaluate Credit Union programs, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with all existing, revised and new laws and regulations. Interact with auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Develop, implement, and manage the Credit Union’s Compliance Monitoring Program. Partner with Learning and Development on staff needs for training.
- Chair and manage the Credit Union’s Compliance and CRA Committee, including agenda preparation, reporting and minutes.
- Responsible for managing outsourced internal audit firm in its conducting of internal audits at the Credit Union.
- Serves as the Credit Union’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Officer.
- Leadership and management of three direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4+ years of applicable compliance-related experience in a financial institution, government agency and/or public accounting firm
- BSA/AML experience and knowledge
- Current Compliance certification, such as NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO), Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE), or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Extensive knowledge of Massachusetts and federal consumer compliance laws and regulations governing credit union operations and the Community Reinvestment Act
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills and inspire decision-making by others
- Innovative approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of applicable computer programs and banking/credit union application systems
Workers Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.