The Staff Accountant performs accurate accounting, maintenance and reconciliations of general ledger transactions. Ensures the timely booking of adjustments. Completes and remits all Regulatory Reports. Assist other departments in resolving problems as it pertains to the integrity of the general ledger as needed. Assist the auditors by providing proper documentation and guidance upon request. Maintain a current department Policy and Procedure manual. Resolve technical and mechanical problems with the assistance of Support Vendors and Systems department.
• Assist in entering market value of securities monthly.
• Reconcile various General Ledger Accounts
• Assist with completing the monthly general ledger closing of the Bank, its Subsidiaries and Parent Companies
• Assist with booking all Security transactions in the Bank and its Subsidiary accurately through IMPACT
• Create necessary GL entries for MV (market value) and corresponding taxes for review by AVP, Controller as backup.
• Execute outgoing wires for both Domestic and Foreign wires as a backup
• Prepare the daily Cash Position report for the CFO as a backup
• Prepare the Monthly Financials for Management
• Prepare and remit the Regulatory FR2900 quarterly
• Add, Delete or Modify users of FedAdvantage as necessary
• Research and clear discrepancies discovered while reconciling
• Complete and remit the FDIC Call Report
• Reconcile the Security Portfolio to EPG and Safekeeping
• Create tickets for customer incoming wires as needed.
• Assist regulators and auditors with requests for information as requested.
• Perform miscellaneous GL and DDA reconciliation as assigned.
Bachelor Degree with a concentration in Accounting
• 5-8 years experience in accounting preferably within a Bank environment
• Knowledge of computerized General Ledger reconciliation programs.
• Intermediate skills in Excel required; Proficient in WORD.
• Must be able to assist, provide guidance and motivate staff for further development.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and sound judgment required.
• Must be able to make decisions and resolve problems
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Clinton Savings Bank is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability