This Teller position is part time (20 hours per week). The schedule includes Thurday and Friday afternoons and every Saturday morning.
The Teller generally serves as the first point of contact to the members into the credit union. The Teller delivers exceptional service while performing all phases of teller and member service duties, in conformance with established policies and procedures.This includes accurately completing member requests and actively recognizing new product or service recommendations.
- Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to members served by the Credit Union.
- Processes a variety of member transactions in a prompt and efficient manner such as deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, credit card advances, sells money orders and teller checks, and redeems savings bonds. Cashes checks within check cashing guidelines. Ensures proper documentation and accuracy of all transactions.
- Verifies all cash transactions and balances cash drawer. Makes settlement of daily activities and maintains accurate records of all monies assigned. Adheres to the Credit Union’s Teller Balancing Policy.
- Organizes work station of daily activities. Inventories cash and requests cash as needed, verifies cash upon receipt and obtains necessary forms and supplies.
- Promotes and provides information regarding the Credit Union’s products and services. Identifies opportunities to expand member relationships by referring members to the appropriate products and services. As a guideline, full time Tellers must attain a minimum of 4 booked products or services per month and part time Tellers must attain a minimum of 2; individual goals may be set higher.
- Understands and adheres to LCU’s security policies and procedures and assists with opening and closing procedures.
- Processes ATM, coin and cash machine transactions and assists in settlement.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle limited member service requests and issues independently. Refers members to Teller Supervisor or Member Service Representatives when necessary.
- Adheres to all LCU policies and procedures. Responsible for compliance with the following regulations: BSA, OFAC, and other regulations as required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous cash handling experience in a financial or service related position. Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and communication skills. Proven ability to build relationships with customers and work as part of a team. Ability to utilize various types of office equipment, including computer terminal.
Ability to work a rotating schedule of Monday through Saturday.
Leominster Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer