Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Part Time Collector
Application Deadline: N/A
Fidelity Bank is currently seeking an energetic Collector. Under the direction of the AVP/Collections Manager, the Collector is focused on performing collection efforts on behalf of the Bank. The Collector will represent the Bank with the highest level of exemplary customer service, always demonstrating true LifeDesign in all client interactions, and remaining in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures.
• Provides the highest level of customer service in a positive, courteous, and enthusiastic manner to employees, customers/clients and the community.
• Initiates collection efforts as necessary in conformance with Bank and regulatory collection policies and procedures. Receives system-generated collection reports for delinquent loans, reviews delinquency history, makes telephone calls, sends letters, documents all collection activities and maintains appropriate records.
• Administers collection software, Automated calling vendor, and Credit reporting tools.
• Responsible for secondary market and regulatory reporting in accordance with established guidelines.
• Sends demand letters and foreclosure notices in accordance with established policy. Forwards recommendations for repossession and foreclosure to the AVP.
• Oversees the payment processing of delinquent loans. Interacts with other Bank personnel and customers, determines loan status and communicates processing instructions. Takes appropriate follow-up action as necessary.
• Compiles data using computer reports and collection software and assists in preparation of reports.
• Prepares delinquent payment for posting to the loan system. Performs file maintenance to update loan status.
• Performs in-house credit checks as requested by other departments and branches. Verifies status of all loans on the system and forwards data to the requesting department.
• Monitors changes in collection guidelines by attending seminars and classes. Ensures compliance with established Bank and regulatory collection policies and procedures.
• Maintains contact with Bank's legal counsel to track all collections-related legal proceedings and provides data to counsel as needed.
• Performs related collections and other loan origination/servicing clerical duties as may be assigned or requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• 3 – 5 years collection experience, at least two of which must be in a bank.
• Proven track record of collections success
• Demonstrated customer service demeanor and capabilities
• High level of detail orientation
• Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
• Fluency with various mortgage and collection automation technologies
A college degree or equivalent experience in mortgage processing with a working knowledge of secondary market guidelines and correspondent processes preferred. Must be able to work independently and interact well with other members of the lending team. The candidate must have good organizational, analytical, and technical skills, with a positive attitude and a commitment to delivering outstanding service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Overtime will be required during times of high volume.
Fidelity Bank is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, and immediate 401(k) plan participation.
Fidelity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply - https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/jobs/Apply/271725