Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
We have an 11 month contract opportunity for a Software Engineer in Hudson, MA.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to join the Extreme Storage Architecture and HDevelopment division within our DPG. In this role, you will contribute to develop and test the company's Exascale storage stack based on the open source Distributed Asynchronous Object Storage (DAOS) software. The end-to-end I/O stack must be optimized to prevent a storage bottleneck as throughput and IOPS requirements increase substantially, and demand will only increase in the coming years as our ability to collect data is ever-increasing.
location: Hudson, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Independently diagnose, design, and implement solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Understanding features from existing documentation and reading C source code.
- Writing code with an eye on performance and scalability.
- Maintaining documentation of their work.
- Writing unit tests along with their product code.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a globally distributed team
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player with good organizational/planning skills, and a proven past success in completing large projects.
- Must understand distributed computing as you will be developing for & debugging parallel systems in this role.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group (DPG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related plus 6 years of industry work experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related plus 4 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 2 years of industry work experience.
- 5 plus years of experience as a software engineer.
- 5 plus years of experience and proficiency in C, Java, or Python programming.
- 5 plus years of development experience with Linux.
- 2 plus years of experience with HPC concepts and tools, such as MPI, parallel systems, job scheduling, etc.
- Experience with big data platforms (Apache Arrow, Apache Parquet, etc.)
skills: - Experience with HPC concepts and tools
- Linux kernel development and debugging.
- Experience with open source development tools and techniques.
- Experience with DAOS, Lustre, or similar parallel file systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience and good understanding of file system fundamentals, including POSIX conformance.
- Experience with AWS using S3
- Experience with Apache Spark and Spark SQL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.