Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Event Support Services (ESS) is a group of the Campus Center Staff that offer an array of event and hospitality services for events, programs and other functions within Hammond Hall. Staff will rotate through various job assignments, with duties that include, but are not limited to, arranging room and event set-ups and providing AV and technical assistance at events. Additionally, ESS staff will work shifts within the Falcon Pub, serving beverages and maintaining security during events where alcohol is being provided.
- Be familiar with Event Management System (EMS) to check reservation setups
- Must be able to lift tables, chairs and staging of various weights
- Set meeting and event spaces based on reservation request details
- Will have knowledge of audio and visual setups to assist with event tech support
- Oversee events and assist event coordinator with their various needs
- Will attain their TIPS certification to serve alcohol and food in the Falcon Hub
- Must keep closet spaces organized
- Must be able to work well in both an independent and team setting
- Must have good written and verbal communication skill
- Interact with guests ranging from fellow students to upper administration
- Assisting with sanitation efforts as determined by COVID guidance
- Other duties as assigned
Employees should expect to work at least 4 to 10, but no more than 20, hours per week at $14.25 per hour. Be advised this position is a student employment position; all applicants are requested to apply online utilizing the Fitchburg State jobsite to be considered an active candidate. The Campus Center will keep your application on file for the academic year. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact every applicant. The hiring manager will review applicant information and will contact those candidates that meet the qualifications directly for interview.
If you should have any questions related to the job opportunity please contact the Office of Student Development. For assistance or questions with the jobsite, please contact the Office of Human Resources.