Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
General Statement of Duties: The Director maintains responsibility for ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the Office of Disability Services. Primarily, the Director ensures that Fitchburg State University students with documented disabilities receive appropriate and reasonable accommodations, consistent with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act, relevant Commonwealth of Massachusetts legislation, and best practices in post-secondary education. Additionally, the Director acts as a liaison between various constituents on campus (e.g., faculty, registrar, administration, students) with issues pertaining to disability and accommodation. The Director is also the lead administrator in the Disability Services Office, thus is responsible for all aspects of its administrative functioning (e.g., personnel, budget).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the effective and timely provision of direct services to students with disabilities, based upon documentation and individual circumstances.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation, records, and statistics with respect to these services.
- Review and interpret medical and psycho-educational test reports to determine eligibility for accommodations and/or services.
- Maintain confidential student documentation and records.
- Meet with prospective students and families in order to explain the nature of the services provided through the office.
- Act as liaison between students, faculty and registrar regarding accessible classroom changes and other issues pertaining to access.
- Coordinate process of accommodations for guests and others at large campus events (e.g., commencement, orientation).
- Maintain, and update as appropriate, departmental website and policy/procedure documentation.
- Provide training and programming to campus community regarding issues related to disability, accommodations, and access.
- Promote independent learning, self-advocacy skills, and leadership opportunities for students with disabilities at Fitchburg State University.
- Supervision of Disability Services staff.
- Maintenance and updating of technologies used to deliver accommodations to students with disabilities.
- Development and oversight of the Disability Services budget.
- Attend appropriate supervision, unit, divisional, and University meetings.
- Assume other appropriate responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Dean and/or Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Master's degree in counseling, educational administration, or a related field required with five to seven years of progressive professional work experience working with people with disabilities; higher education experience preferred, however, other relevant experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- Experience working with students with disabilities in college setting desired.
- Knowledge of the application of laws and regulations pertaining to disability accommodations.
- Knowledge of currently-available assistive technology.
- Knowledge of ASL helpful.
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Must be able to perform the above duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI check) as well as a background check satisfactory to the university.
Shift Information: Full time benefited APA Union position. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm.
Priority Review: Priority review date is July 6, 2020, but search will remain open until filled.
Salary Range: $76,000 - $82,000 Annually
Please include a cover letter and resume along with your application.