Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula, leading to student skill and credential attainment.
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction that leads to positive student achievements and high center performance.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, education and training, personal concerns and study habits.
- Coordinate with CTT and evening studies instructors, counselors, residential advisors and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons in designated academic instructional area and in coordination with designated CTT instructors; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials; administer and correct tests; maintain progress, attendance and other reports as required.
- Evaluate and develop curricula, instructional materials, methods and techniques consistent with corporate and management directives.
- Assist in ensuring OMS performance standards meet or exceed DOL and Insights Training Group LLC standards and expectations; utilize available automated systems and reports, including CIS and CTS reports, to monitor and enhance student as well as program progress and performance.
- Participate in student career management and evaluation processes as required. Complete student evaluations, enter case notes and employer certifications earned, and update student progress in CIS.
- Maintain a classroom environment that is safe, clean and conducive to student learning, and achievement.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities; develop and conduct enrichment programs as needed or assigned.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the academic programs department.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps Zero Tolerance Policy and Center Behavior Management System.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, consistently monitoring student behavior and conduct, and mentoring students where necessary.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required staff training.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding academic department activities, evening studies, problem solving, and interdepartmental and center programs, activities and events.
- Cultivate and maintain a culture on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to learn and work.
- Follows the CDSS/CSS/BMS plan and procedures daily
- Assists with quarterly graduation exercises
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures
- Models appropriate employability skills for dress, language and work habits. Continuously help students become more employable
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Minimum of one to two years related experience in education. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulation. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, groups of managers, students and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw related conclusion. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Experience: Minimum of one year related experience in education.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education from a four-year college or university and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified to teach in state of center. Valid State Driver’s License.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.