Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Habitat for Humanity North Central Massachusetts (HFHNCM) is a non-profit housing ministry that has a 31-year history of building and repairing simple, affordable housing in our local communities. Partner families put in sweat equity in the construction of their homes then purchase at an affordable price and finance with interest-free loans. Mortgage payments are used to build additional homes. We serve 25 communities in the North Central Massachusetts area and we’ve built and repaired or revitalized over 100 houses with volunteer labor and materials that are both donated and purchased.
Responsibilities· In accordance with Habitat for Humanity plans, specifications, safety and quality requirements, supervise specific construction activity and provide leadership to volunteers.
· Work closely with construction manager and executive director to ensure materials and service needs are provided in a timely manner to the job sites.
· Treat home owners with respect and dignity. Strive to make their construction involvement meaningful and educational.
· Supervise job sites on each designated workday including tracking tools and equipment.
· Understand elements that contribute to successful volunteers and helps ensure that volunteers have a consistently good experience thus motivating them to return.
· Anticipate problems and issues typical of building and personally act on same if necessary to help ensure schedules are met and work plans are enabled.
· Evaluate and implement good safety practices and constantly stress same with home owners and volunteers.
· Ensure that communications to volunteers are accurate and timely.
· Identify volunteer jobs/needs not currently filled and communicate needs to Executive Director.
· Train all volunteers on site each day
· Suggest potential advantageous building practices and material cost saving opportunities.
· Supervise all site preparation
· Supervise warranty complaints and repairs.
· Meet long and short term goals established with the Construction Manager and Executive Director.
· Considerable knowledge and experience in the construction/contracting business.
· Construction management experience, Construction Supervisor's License and Home Improvement Contractors License a plus, OSHA-10 required.
· Team building experience a real plus.
This is a part time position with salary commensurate with experience.