Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
The Vice President, Commercial Lending is responsible for managing the Commercial Loan Department. This includes developing, underwriting, managing larger, more complex lending relationships, and the administration of all legal aspects of commercial credits. The Vice President, Commercial Lending ensures the overall quality of the commercial lending portfolio while accomplishing strategic goals. This role is accountable for department compliance with all credit union policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal regulations.
Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to members served by the Credit Union.
- Manages the daily operations of the Commercial Lending Department.
- Oversees the activities of department staff. Provides ongoing coaching, training and guidance. Conducts periodic performance reviews and makes hiring, salary and promotional recommendations.
- Engages with commercial loan members. Collects, reviews and analyzes required documentation for the approval process.
- In conjunction with SVP Lending, determines commercial lending annual goals and budget.
- Meets with members to discuss loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates and loan documentation in a manner as to increase or retain business and makes referrals to other departments when appropriate.
- Negotiates and communicates credit terms, such as rates, cost, loan structure and collateral specifications.
- Oversees that loan packages have appropriate supporting documentation, such as signatures, disclosures, credit authority, and all other pertinent documentation as required for every loan.
- Manages the collection of past due payments and workout of delinquent commercial loans. Identifies problems or potential problems with credit information and coordinates with the necessary party to resolve the problems. Assesses the risks and brings them to management’s attention with recommendations for risk rating adjustments and action plans.
- Establishes and manages MBL/Commercial Loan policy and procedures and keeps them current with regulatory, internal or market condition changes.
- In coordination with the Loan Analysts, assists in evaluating loan requests and ensures write ups are prepared accurately for consideration by the Business Loan Committee.
- Serves as the department’s contact during regulatory exams and internal/external audits, providing responses to findings and recommendations.
- Ensures the timeliness of proper analysis for annual and performance reviews for the MBL/Commercial loan portfolio. Works with staff to ensure property inspections are completed, as needed.
- Responsible for proper analysis and follow-up on all matured loans.
- Maintains liaison with Retail/Branch Managers to monitor and coordinate status of prospective and existing commercial members.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with members and trade professionals.
- Engages in business development activities to attract new and existing members for commercial loans and all LCU products and services.
- Adheres to all LCU policies and procedures. Responsible for compliance with the following regulations: BSA, OFAC, and all other regulations as required.
- Prepares commercial lending reports for management and the Board of Directors, as needed.
The AVP Commercial Lending and Commercial Loan Analyst report directly to this position.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Formal Commercial Credit training or demonstrated advanced knowledge of financial analysis, commercial loan underwriting and loan structuring. Seven or more years’ experience in commercial lending and a proven track record in business development. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be analytical thinking and have the ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word and Excel. Must be flexible and open to change. Must have ability to travel to branches and off-site locations as required.
Employees are expected to exhibit LCU’s core values, You’re Somebody, Own It, Work Together, Be Caring, in all interactions with internal and external members to achieve the credit union’s goals and support a culture of inclusion.
Leominster Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.