To improve the well-being of our Members by providing innovative products and services while promoting Member education and community support through a team of caring, knowledgeable and empowered professionals.
Job type – Exempt
The Vice President Finance & Controller is responsible for providing overall strategic and operational direction to the Credit Union. Assist the Senior Vice President & CFO in establishing financial plans, operating policies and procedures to ensure achievement of corporate objectives. Will be expected to provide strategic insight, operational advice, and tactical financial support, and be an effective business partner to the business unit operational teams.
- Manages the accurate and timely month end and year-end general ledger closing.
- Responsible for the asset liability process, including review and validation of assumptions, modeling “what if” scenarios, and review of results.
- Responsible for the annual budget development process, including improvements to methodologies and processes.
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of general ledger account reconciliations, report discrepancies and stale items in a timely fashion to Senior Management.
- Manage the security and operations of corporate bank accounts; including bank-to-bank wire transfers.
- Recruit, develop and retain a motivated and cohesive Accounting and Finance team capable of driving good decisions through sound financial management.
- Provide management expertise in a full range of financial and operating functions.
- Ensure a strong internal control system is maintained and complies with corporate policy.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Accounting and Finance teams.
- Responsible for accurate records of fixed assets and investment portfolio.
- Ensure that systems are in place to deliver financial reports timely and accurately; including serve as Admin for Accounting & Finance information systems.
- Ability to function at a broad-based, strategic level while being capable of driving detailed, tactical execution in addition to becoming hands on where necessary.
- Ensures all financial transactions and reports are completed according to GAAP and corporate policy; including the Credit Union’s wholly owned CUSO.
- Compares performance of operating results with operating plans and provide critical analysis and interpretation; including month over month and budget to actual variance analysis.
- Provides consultation and advice to business unit management on financial and operational matters.
- Provide leadership and expertise in cash management and forecasting.
- Responsible for annual audit and exam preparation as it relates to Accounting.
- Preforms ad hoc financial analysis in support of business decision making as needed.
- Responsible for overseeing the timely, accurate completion and filing of the NCUA 5300 Call Report and FHLB QCR Reports.
- Provide supervision and instruction by staying current with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a training plan for the Accounting and Finance teams to include coaching, motivation and support.
- Initiate and manage multiple projects by following through completely and accurately.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management Effectiveness
- Time Management
- Strategic Planning
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting or finance, with a strong computer/technology background.
- A Master’s in Business Administration or CPA is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related progressive experience in Credit Union management or a related financial field are preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- General knowledge of credit union operations, accounting, fixed assets and investments.
- Specific knowledge of Fiserv Prologue Financials and Investment Portfolio Accounting systems preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office© suite.
*Click on attachment for full job description.
- 401(k) & Company Match
- Company Profit Sharing
- Birthday Day Off
- Employer Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Prescription Drug Saving Program
- Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
Physical Demands/Condition Requirements
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, working in a general office environment; standing, lifting general office equipment that is being use; (ex. Scanner, laptops, printers). Working hours beyond the normal business day may be required from time to time.
IC Federal Credit Union follows all CDC guidelines, through employee self-checks prior to coming into the office, requiring all employees to wear face coverings, providing hand washing capabilities and regularly sanitizing high-touch areas, as well as following thorough cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
IC Federal Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA, is an Equal Housing Lender and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.