Career Opportunity: Senior Vice President, Commercial Lending
Are you passionate about helping the Massachusetts business community grow and prosper? We are, and we are looking for an entrepreneurial SVP of Commercial Lending to join our team and be part of something great!
With a strong emphasis on business development and relationship management, the SVP, Commercial Lending will define and execute the Commercial Lending Department’s overall strategy and will be responsible for shaping and driving department growth. From 2014 to 2019 the Credit Union’s commercial loan portfolio grew over 400%.
If you are creative, driven, and excited about the opportunity to make a difference in our communities, then we want to talk with you!
• In conjunction with members of the senior management team, establishes goals for the credit union’s Commercial Lending Department and oversees the successful achievement of those goals
• Supervise and develop the Commercial Lending department staff
• Review and approve commercial loan applications within Board-approved lending authority
• Calls extensively on outside businesses to sell commercial real estate loans, deposits, and other commercial services directly to member businesses
• Partner with the Small Business Loan Department, the retail staff, and other departments on business development and relationship management activities for commercial services
• Actively participates in community and industry-related organizations and activities to represent the credit union and maintain a current knowledge of industry best practices
• Ensures that the Commercial Loan Department is in compliance with applicable credit union policies and procedures, and local, state and federal laws and regulations relative to maintaining complete, timely and accurate records and documentation for loans and related business.
What you’ll need to be successful:
• Eight to ten years of experience commercial lending, at least five of which is at a management level
• Strong interpersonal skills relative to public relations, business development and sales
• Ability to sell credit union products and services, with a desire to be a top producer in a competitive business environment
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to commercial real estate, business lending and deposit products
• Work on forward thinking, fast paced team
• Exposure to cutting edge technologies
• Generous paid time off that begins accruing on first day of employment
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit plans with options to fit any lifestyle
• 401K plan with employer match
• Tuition Assistance
• Lucrative Bonus Program
Workers Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.