Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
The Senior Collections Representative performs a variety of collection activities in conformance with established Credit Union policies and procedures.
Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to members served by the Credit Union.
1. Reviews and identifies delinquent accounts from the Collection Module specifically for consumer loans; collection efforts could include mortgage and commercial accounts.
2. Works with delinquent borrowers to reach a mutual agreement for repayment by telephone or correspondence while providing excellent member service and maintaining member confidentiality.
3. Recommends loan rewrites and mortgage payment assistance to Collections management team.
4. Maintains detailed and through history in the Collection Module to include conversations, payment promises, actions taken, as well as attempted contacts with the member.
5. Reviews and recommends repossession as necessary to the Collections management team.
6. Researches disputed balances, payments and credit bureau issues.
7. Monitors, reviews and updates member credit bureau disputes on a daily basis via the E-Oscar online portal.
8. Assists with the liquidation of repossessed vehicles including delivery to auction and establishing sale floor pricing.
9. Reviews and prepares loans to be charged off on a monthly basis under the supervision of the Collections management team.
10. Works closely with third party collection agencies that handle credit union charged off accounts and communicates any information required to assist with collection.
11. Prepares various month-end delinquency reports as assigned.
12. Maintains a complete understanding of Federal and State regulations as they pertain to the collection of past due payments, including laws pertaining to bankruptcy.
13. Adheres to all LCU policies and procedures. Responsible for compliance with the following regulations: BSA, OFAC, and other regulations as required.
14. Assists with supervising department staff in the absence of the Collections management team.
15. Keeps abreast of developments within the collections field. Attends relevant courses and seminars.
16. Performs other related collections and administrative duties as assigned.
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three to five years of related or similar collections experience within a financial institution (credit union or bank). Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team while providing excellent member service. Proven negotiation skills, strong attention to detail, well developed communication and organizational skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Ability to use various types of office equipment, including PC. Candidates should expect to rotate Thursday evenings until 6:00 pm and Saturday mornings 9:00 – 12:00 pm.