All associates of the Bank regardless of title or responsibilities must share a common commitment to creating and expanding the Advisory Culture of the Bank through building relationships, providing a seamless customer experience at every touch point, ensuring the customers best interests and increasing customer value at every opportunity.
1. Provides the highest level of customer service in a positive, courteous and enthusiastic manner to employees, customers/clients and the community.
2. Reviews new applications for accuracy, qualifications and compliance to regulatory, program and Bank requirements. Communicates with appropriate parties.
3. Reviews rate lock and confirmation (when applicable).
4. Processes incoming Retail and Third Party Originated mortgage and equity loan applications. Enters data into processing system as needed and generates required documentation including verifications and required disclosures. Process application fees and other required information. Places file orders, collects required file documentation, reviews, and organize file.
5. Prepares and submits file according to Retail Underwriting, FHA, VA, and/or correspondent underwriting guidelines and submits for underwriting approval. Provides loan commitment to applicable parties, updates information, and follows up on remaining conditions prior to closing.
6. Reviews and approves Property Appraisal for compliance with secondary market guidelines.
7. Provides updates to applicable parties regarding loan status and coordinates all communication regarding pending mortgage and equity applications and is responsible for meeting the bank’s service timelines for all loans originated. Works closely with originator, borrowers and other related parties. Updates all parties regarding loan status and requests necessary information and documents. Provides customer support and develops a working relationship with originators, Realtors, attorneys, appraisers and other vendors.
8. Reviews new applications for accuracy, qualifications and compliance to regulatory, program and Bank requirements. Communicates loan decision with appropriate parties, gathers and reviews conditions. Monitors and tracks loan as needed for financing, closing, and rate lock expiration dates.
9. Prepares closing disclosures and closing packages for consumer and mortgage loan closings.
10. Coordinates funding/wire amounts with closing attorneys.
11. Prepares and distributes all required documentation including LE, CD, Notice of Incomplete Application, Commitment letters and Adverse Action letters.
12. Responsible for verifying loan compliance and staying up to date with all state and federal compliance regulations including but not limited to RESPA, TILA, ECOA, Fair Lending, Dodd-Frank, and TRID.
13. Staying up to date with secondary market automated underwriting guidelines and correspondent process requirements.
A college degree or equivalent experience in mortgage processing with a working knowledge of secondary market guidelines and correspondent processes preferred. Must be able to work independently and interact well with other members of the lending team. The candidate must have good organizational, analytical, and technical skills, with a positive attitude and a commitment to delivering outstanding service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Overtime will be required during times of high volume.
Fidelity Bank is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, and immediate 401(k) plan participation.
Fidelity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.