To improve the well-being of our Members by providing innovative products and services while promoting Member education and community support through a team of caring, knowledgeable and empowered professionals.
- Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employer Paid Basic Life, AD&D, STD, & LTD
- Flex Spending
- Dependent Care
- Birthday Day Off
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Sick Time
- Travel Assistance
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Community Volunteer Programs
Assist in clerical tasks involving all phases of loan resolution. Duties include but are not limited to assisting with servicing of loan accounts. This position will also be responsible for courtesy calls and sending letters to borrowers less than 30 days delinquent as directed. Assist Management in various projects as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Process collection payments, corrections and unapplied payments.
- Prepare documents necessary to start demand process and forward to Attorney.
- Assists with courtesy phone calls and letters to delinquent borrowers 15-29 Days Delinquent.
- Logging returned overdue notices information in SmartCollector.
- Scan documents into existing files in Laserfiche.
- Process GAP claims.
- Add forced place insurance on mortgages.
- Process the monthly remittance invoice from the collection attorney.
- Monitor and maintain mortgage accounts in Forbearance due to COVID 19.
- Functions and duties associated with foreclosure mortgages and HAMP accounts. File FNMA Expense Claims with invoices paid by Credit Union for reimbursement and rebut denials.
- Process appraisal fee's from mortgage processing department.
- Monthly reconciliation of collection suspense GL, Fannie Mae Reimbursement Checking, Priority Funding and HAMP checking account.
- Monitors monthly HAMP Cash Receipts Report and Master Reconciliation report for accuracy. Monthly receipt and posting of servicer and borrower incentive fees. Report monthly activity of HAMP loans.
- Maintenance requests from AVP Loan Resolution for Credit Reporting and Accrual/ Non-Accrual Status.
- Reconcile various General Ledger Accounts.
- Records minutes for collections meetings.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position.
- Assist Senior Vice President Lending with various projects in the department.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and assist with projects as requested.
- Basic knowledge of loan and mortgage products.
- Knowledge of computer operations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
General office equipment, PC.
Physical Demands/Condition Requirements
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, ability to move from floor to floor, filing, removing files, bending, climbing, and moving heavy objects up to 25 pounds.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
IC Federal Credit Union is a committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.