To improve the well-being of our Members by providing innovative products and services while promoting Member education and community support through a team of caring, knowledgeable and empowered professionals.
Job type – Exempt (Remote)
Hours – 8:00am-5:00pm (Monday-Friday)
The External Mortgage Originator is responsible for generating qualified mortgage business by actively pursuing opportunities through a well-developed network in the Credit Union’s Lending area. This position will spend the majority of time outside the office generating sales and participating in community-based activities. This person will perform all duties within the Credit Union policies and procedures and keep current on all laws and lending regulations.
- Through outside referral sources develops business with realtors, builders, insurance agents, financial advisors, attorneys, as well as, other contacts that can refer clients to a mortgage professional.
- Originates mortgage loans and home equity loans through direct contact with members both on-site and off-site from the credit union.
- Inputs data into appropriate loan origination software for mortgage loans and HELOCs. Pulls credit bureau reports, performs credit analysis and runs automated underwriting.
- Completes analysis to evaluate possible financial products, solutions, and makes recommendations to customers to best meet their needs and financial circumstances.
- Originates mortgage and home equity lines through direct contact with members.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position.
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number to be obtained and maintained each year.
Qualifications & Experience
- Three to five years of Mortgage experience.
- Must have a proven track record with a pipeline of contacts including realtors, builders and other referral sources.
- Able to be a self-motivated, self-starter and driven to succeed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact with customers and prospective clients.
- Must have strong math skills, computer skills and understanding of financial transactions.
- Must have experience with Fannie Mae underwriting guidelines and various other mortgage products.
- Solid time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines and work effectively.
*Click on attachment for full job description.
- 401(k) & Company Match
- Company Profit Sharing
- Birthday Day Off
- Employer Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Pet Insurance
- Prescription Drug Saving Program
- Vacation, Personal & Sick Time
Physical Demands/Condition Requirements
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, standing, lifting general office equipment that is being use; ( ex. Scanner, laptops, printers) high pressure / fast past office environment; ability to move/travel to all branch locations.
IC Federal Credit Union follows all CDC guidelines, through employee self-checks prior to coming into the office, requiring all employees to wear face coverings, providing hand washing capabilities and regularly sanitizing high-touch areas, as well as following thorough cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
IC Federal Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA, is an Equal Housing Lender and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.