To improve the well-being of our Members by providing innovative products and services while promoting Member education and community support through a team of caring, knowledgeable and empowered professionals.
- Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employer Paid Basic Life, AD&D, STD, & LTD
- Flex Spending
- Dependent Care
- Birthday Day Off
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Sick Time
- Travel Assistance
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Community Volunteer Programs
The External Mortgage Originator is responsible for generating qualified mortgage business by actively pursuing opportunities through a well-developed network in the Credit Union’s Lending area. This position will spend the majority of time outside the office generating sales and participating in community-based activities. This person will perform all duties within the Credit Union policies and procedures and keep current on all laws and lending regulations.
- Through outside referral sources develops business with realtors, builders, insurance agents, financial advisors, as well as, other contacts that can refer clients to a mortgage professional.
- Originates mortgage loans and home equity loans through direct contact with members both on-site and off-site from the credit union.
- Inputs data into appropriate loan origination software for mortgage loans and HELOCs. Pulls credit bureau reports, performs credit analysis and runs automated underwriting.
- Completes analysis to evaluate possible financial products, solutions, and makes recommendations to customers to best meet their needs and financial circumstances.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position.
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number to be obtained and maintained each year.
- Cross-sells all credit union products and services to members.
- Participates in community and business organization functions as a representative of the credit union.
- Participate in networking programs and Chamber meetings and events to ensure a good relationship with local realtors. Participates in broker open house events to establish new Realtor connections.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Three to five years of Mortgage experience.
- Must have a proven track record with a pipeline of contacts including realtors, builders and other referral sources..
- Able to be self-motivated, self-starter and driven to succeed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact with customers and prospective clients.
- Must have strong math skills, computer skills and understanding of financial transactions.
- Solid time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines and work effectively.
General Office Equipment
Physical Demands/Condition Requirements
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, standing, lifting general office equipment that is being use; ( ex. Scanner, laptops, printers) high pressure / fast past office environment; ability to move/travel to all branch locations.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
IC Federal Credit Union is a committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.