WHO WE ARE
Our commitment is to help our members to achieve their goals and dreams by providing exceptional service and acting as a guide, so they never miss a step. Life is an adventure, and we are honored to provide personalized solutions to get people to (or through) whatever comes their way. It’s the IC promise!
Reporting to the VP, Risk Management, the Deposit Operations Manager is responsible for developing, recommending and implementing strategies for the effective management of the Deposit Operations department.
The Deposit Operations Manager will oversee operational efficiency of all Deposit Operations functions, along with the administration of corresponding technology and electronic banking systems.
This role is tasked with ensuring the department meets organizational, financial, operational, service, and growth plans, goals, and objectives.
Exempt, 40 Hours
- Training: In-Office Training
- Hours: Monday – Friday (Hybrid Schedule, 8:00am-5:00pm)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the effective daily operations of the Deposit Operations department including Card Servicing, Wire and ACH processing, and all Digital Banking/Digital Payments products and services such as Online Account Opening, Bill Pay, Mobile and Remote Deposit Capture, P2P etc. Monitor workload and prioritize projects to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately. Support the team in delivering an exceptional member experience (both internally and externally); in line with IC’s member service standards.
- Develop and maintain department procedures and resources to ensure efficient processes, exemplary service, and business continuity. Analyze operational issues and establish plans for resolution. Document and communicate changes and associated risks/controls.
- Lead the advancement and development of team members by coaching, reviewing, and providing on the job training. Take ownership of individual professional development by participating in internal/external trainings and professional development programs. Assist leadership in the setting and reporting of performance and servicing goals.
- Lead the implementation, administration and maintenance of digital banking, online account opening, deposit servicing and card processing functions. Prepare reports and compile information for management and board reporting, audits, and examinations, risk assessments, and other initiatives. Process quarterly reviews of all systems that are maintained, Visa Quarterly Report, and other reporting functions as needed.
- Manage legal documents served on the Bank, including document production, required responses, and tracking.
- Oversee all aspects of card production and servicing including Reg E Claim processing to ensure overall compliance including, timely, accurate research, notification and posting. Address and resolve all ATM & debit card issues, including ordering or canceling t cards.
- Manage the dormant account and escheatment program.
- Support IRA processing, including transaction accuracy, customer plan issues, distribution issues, and tax reporting.
- Manage Year End processing including IRS reporting.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the online account opening channel to ensure that all online account acquisition, servicing, compliance, and reporting is handled in a manner that is consistent with the regulatory and policy compliance standards of the organization. Handle escalated digital banking, and digital payment issues, support tickets and error resolutions, working with third party vendors as needed.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement with discipline around end-to-end work flow/processes; participate and collaborate in the review and recommendation of operational systems and delivery channels, automate key processes where possible, working with business and technology partners.
- Recognize, monitor and mitigate active fraud activity to reduce exposure and loss.
- Participate and assist in the coordination of internal and external audit, exams, and reviews.
- Provide related operational support and guidance to staff and management as needed.
- Perform all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines and credit union policies and procedures. Uses established protocols and controls to ensure security and privacy is maintained at all times. Ensure compliance with all institutional regulations as they relate to the effective operations of the organization (E.g. Reg CC, Reg E, NCUA-Part 70 et al, Bank Secrecy Act, NEACH/Fed, etc.) and all other applicable policies, laws, and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as an enthusiastic champion of all things brand and corporate culture. Models and supports the delivery of IC's Mission, Vision and Core Values, with a focus on team member engagement and member experience. Represents the credit union in the communities it serves by participating in civic/community organizations in line with evolving market and community engagement strategies.
NONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists the SVP Risk Management & VP Risk Management with project management activities and other assignments as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communication: Professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present as needed. Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Attention to Detail: The level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately, and in accordance with specific instructions. Consistency of work quality and compliance with standards, requirements, and expectations. The tracking of numerical data and detailed organizational information, and the careful application of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- Management Effectiveness: The overall ability to supervise and direct people and/or resources to meet department goals. The level at which one is able to motivate people, plan and prioritize unit operations, respond to changing conditions, and manage costs effectively.
- Analytical Skills: The ability to observe, evaluate, summarize, and apply meaningful data in the problem-solving process. The level of logical reasoning necessary to connect required actions to desired outcomes. The ability to forecast events based upon current situations. Demonstrated skill in generating alternative solutions to problems.
- Decision-Making/Judgment: The ability to make prudent decisions that are timely, well researched, and reflect awareness of impact.
- Initiative: The ability to perform job responsibilities independently and responsibly. The ability to proactively complete tasks, solve problems, improve processes, enhance products, and/or extend services within assigned range of authority.
- Adaptability: The degree to which one demonstrates openness to change and new ideas. Ability to adjust to changing work requirements and respond to new situations.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (Education, Work Experience, Industry Knowledge)
- Bachelors’ Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Deposit Operations or similar role, with at least two (2) years in a management or supervisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop, motivate and lead high performing teams through periods of growth and change.
- Strong computer and technology skills. Must be adept in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and core banking applications.
- Experience with cash management products, services and delivery channel applications
- Overall knowledge of credit union operations, procedures, laws, and regulatory requirements, specifically as it relates to the Deposit Operation function (e.g., ,Reg E, BSA, NEACH/Fed, etc.).
- AAP designation preferred.
CHECK OUT OUR IC PERKS!
This position operates in a hybrid capacity with the ability to work from home as well as in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, laptop, printers, and data processing systems.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to general office environment; ability to move floor to floor; ability to travel to and work from alternate locations; ability to work unusual hours as needed including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE TRAINING
Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations, which apply within the scope of the position, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and all regulations that fall within the BSA.
IC Federal Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA, is an Equal Housing Lender and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.