Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Job Title Commercial Lender
Education Bachelor's Degree
Location Clinton Savings Bank - Clinton, MA 01510 US (Primary)
Job Type Full-time
If you are a Commercial Lender with a strong network of business referrals, we offer the opportunity to grow and advance your career while working for a local community bank. Clinton Savings Bank mutual savings bank headquartered in Clinton MA. The Bank has branch offices in Berlin, Bolton, Boylston, Sterling and West Boylston.
The Commercial Lending is responsible for handling complex commercial relationships, calling on existing and new customers to generate loans and deposits. Maintains and builds customer relationships while staying focused on credit quality.
• Solicits commercial business by actively participating in a developed and consistent business development calling program with new and existing customers. Foster relationships with centers-of-influence to create referral sources.
• Meet with customers’ senior management, and visit their facilities, in order to understand their business and evaluate management capability along with business stability and viability.
• Evaluate prospective loan requests. Review customer’s financial, credit, and tax information to determine the merits of the loan request, suitability and comparability with CSB growth and portfolio goals and recommend the appropriate loan structure.
• Prepares detailed loan presentations and makes recommendations for large or complex loans referred to Loan Committee and / or the Executive Committee/Board of Directors as required. Follows through as necessary.
• Negotiates credit terms such as rates, repayment parameters and collateral specifications keeping in compliance with the Bank’s loan policies, and all federal and state regulations. Ensures that product pricing reflects the level of investment risk.
• Manages an assigned loan portfolio. Reviews each customer’s financial status and operations, to assure that the loan remains sound and that conditions of lending are being met.
• Obtains up-to-date financial information on each customer, and analyzes this data to ensure compliance with loan covenants.
• Maintains an up-to-date credit file on each borrower, including financial data, correspondence, economic conditions potentially impacting the customer and any other pertinent documents.
• Ensures the ongoing soundness of the commercial loan portfolio through diligent monitoring of delinquency, credit performance, including financial analysis, appraisal review, hazardous waste assessment and general credit file maintenance.
• Pursues closing of approved loans. Assures that all documentation is accurate, complete and in compliance with approval document, Bank policy and regulatory guidelines.
• Minimum 5 years Commercial lending experience (C&I and Commercial Real Estate).
• Strong business development experience.
• Experience in both relationship management and credit administration and have proven understanding of the importance of balancing relationship management and asset quality.
• Comprehensive knowledge of commercial lending policies and procedures.
• Strong analytical, communication, customer management skills.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferably in business and/or finance or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Clinton Savings Bank is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Member FDIC Member DIF