Title: Branch Supervisor Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Sudbury Branch Location: Sudbury, MA
Reports To: Branch Manager
SUMMARY: As a member of the Retail Branch team, reporting directly to the Assistant Manager /Branch Manager, the Branch Supervisor is Main Street Bank’s entry level Assistant Branch Manager. This position requires skills and knowledge to perform a variety of duties to ensure the ongoing effective operation of the assigned branch. The Branch Supervisor is responsible for handling all types of customer service transactions, including teller line transactions and those transactions considered to be more complex in nature. The Branch Supervisor assists the Assistant Manager/Branch Manager in ensuring that the teller line staffing, operations, sales, and service function at the highest possible levels and may delegate responsibilities and work assignments as required. This position may exercise administrative control over the functions of the teller line to ensure its ongoing effective operation in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Responsibilities may include overseeing daily teller activities, conducting teller transactions, cross selling bank products and services, building customer relationships, and performing account opening and customer service transactions. The Branch Supervisor is also responsible for directing customers to other departments when conducting non deposit transactions. This position exercises administrative and operational control over the functions of the assigned branch office to ensure the ongoing effective operation as well as the oversight of new initiatives, in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures and assumes responsibility for the branch. Additionally, it is expected that this position assist with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole, acts as a resource for other team members and embrace the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides daily supervision and training needs for branch personnel and may meet regularly with the Branch Manager to discuss staffing needs, individual and team accomplishments as well as challenges to the Branch Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Create an inclusive work environment that encourages and rewards performance while recognizing individual needs and skills
- Monitor the day to day operations of the department to ensure all necessary tasks are complete and accurate providing general guidance and supervision
- Provides training and guidance to others in the department on new and existing processes.
- Helps to attain internal performance objectives for branch business volume, deposits, loans, customer relationship expansion and quality audit reports, sharing responsibility for achieving goals.
- Provides and maintains a professional business-like atmosphere within the branch creating a positive working team concept for staff.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other department and organizational leaders and maintains operational alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Monitor and approve bi-weekly timecards, review and approve time off requests for all members of the team ensuring adequate coverage of department at all times.
- May provide input towards performance evaluations.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of branch policies and procedures including the process of approving checks and providing system overrides.
- May function as a Personal Banker or Teller as needed, including but not limited to the processing of teller transactions, opens and closes the branch. night bags, balancing the branch, vault and ATMs.
- Performs random monthly cash drawer audits and alarm testing in accordance with the Branch Manager monthly report.
- Handles customer problems and complaints in a professional and timely manner and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Assists with consumer loan requests, maintaining a basic knowledge of the Bank’s consumer loan products with the ability to process payments, gather supporting documentation for pending loan applications, and input applications into the loan underwriting system.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies
- Occasionally travel locally for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., coverage, business calls, networking, community/marketing events).
- Medallion Signature Guarantee, certification may be required.
- Notary Public Service Certification
- Employee will periodically throughout the year be required to participate in community events that may be outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shares responsibility for achieving branch goals.
- Participates in Branch activities that generate new business such as promoting branch sales culture and special promotional events.
- Occasionally represent the financial institution in before/after hours and/or weekend networking and community service events.
- May assist with sales training initiatives, embracing role as a sales leader and coaching staff to identify opportunities that result in sales.
- Provides on the spot coaching and feedback to all branch employees.
- Motivates staff to work towards their goals and ultimately the branch goals by creating internal contests within the branch.
- Refers business leads to Branch Managers or BDO.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, may be required to be registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS&R) and expected to up-hold the responsibilities set forth by the and the SAFE Act.
- Counsels employees and provides coaching and feedback to branch staff, ensuring that customers receive exemplary service, their needs are determined and appropriate products and services are recommended.
- Consistently exceeds customer service expectations by offering excellent service, including greeting customers, smiling, using their name and building rapport with customers designed to generate customer loyalty.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Bank’s deposit and loan products as well as additional services offered.
- Provides counsel to existing and potential customers regarding product and/or service selection.
- Evaluates customer problems and complaints and resolves them to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists customers with account opening and maintenance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIE: Oversee assigned staff, coordinates scheduling, coaches, and may contribute towards performance reviews and recommendations for performance management training and development - not responsible for performance management reviews.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Interacts independently with branch staff and members of the community to conduct banking needs; resolves customer issues as needed.
- Work is not routine and relies on prior directly related experience and specific bank policies, and sales programs.
- Work is not directly supervised, and role is relied upon to provide subject matter content within the organization.
- Associates Degree or equivalent, banking courses and/or related work experience
- Three to five years’ experience in a financial institution
- Solid background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal),
- Employee development and public relations a plus
- One to two years’ experience in supervising people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Be registered or eligible to register and maintain a valid Mortgage Loan Originator Identifier Number issued through the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS&R) and
- Become or maintain status as a Notary Public.
- Means, willingness and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on a regular basis. Should this be added to all job descriptions?
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, about banking products, their bank accounts & transactions and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports, and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety documents such as checks, bank statements, Loan documents and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. cash drawer, coin)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Regularly move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. coverage, training, networking, community events).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.