We are looking for an exceptional professional to fill a Branch Manager position. This position will provide leadership and strategic direction in overseeing, coordinating with key departments and accomplishing the goals that align with the bank’s strategic initiatives.
Become Part of the Main Street Bank Team
You Deserve to Love What You Do
“Choosing to work here has enhanced my career”; “Senior management’s doors are always open”; “I absolutely love what I do”; “The culture is awesome!”
These are words straight from our employees, and what you will experience working for Main Street Bank. What will you get when you choose a career here?
- Opportunities for career growth and cross-departmental exposure.
- Competitive benefits, from salary, health insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance, and more.
- Access to robust onsite and outside training programs to hone your skillset.
- Collaboration with an innovative, creative, and fun team of people dedicated to what they do.
- Work-life balance in a family-oriented, community organization.
We are looking for diverse talent of all kinds to join our team. If you are driven by results, bring your highest self to work, enjoy building relationships on mutual success, and embrace innovative thinking, you have met you match.
SUMMARY: As a member of the Retail Management team, and reporting directly to the Retail Branch Administrator or a Relationship Manager III, the Branch Manager is Main Street Bank’s entry level Retail Manager position. The Branch Manager is responsible for all facets of branch operations including deposit accounts, consumer loan lending, and business development responsibilities. The Branch Manager coordinates staffing needs, and delegates responsibilities and work assignments as required. This position exercises administrative and operational control over the functions of the assigned branch office to ensure the ongoing effective operation as well as the oversight of new initiatives, in conformance with established bank policies and procedures and assumes responsibility for the branch. The Branch Manager may assist with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole. They may also act as a resource for other team members and shall embrace the established sales and service culture while coaching employees to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Manages and oversees and helps to attain internal performance objectives for branch business volume, deposits, loans, customer relationship expansion and quality audit reports, sharing responsibility for achieving goals.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Provides daily supervision and training needs for all branch personnel and meets regularly with the Relationship Manager III or Retail Branch Administrator to discuss staffing needs, individual and team accomplishments as well as challenges.
- Create an inclusive work environment that encourages and rewards performance while recognizing individual needs and skills
- Understands and adheres to the guidelines of our Security Program.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of branch policies and procedures including the process of approving checks and providing system overrides.
- Opens and closes the branch.
- Performs random monthly cash drawer audits and alarm testing in accordance with the Branch Manager monthly report.
- Handles customer problems and complaints in a professional and timely manner and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Assists with consumer loan requests, maintaining a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s consumer loan products with the ability to accept applications, underwrite and approve applications within lending limits.
- Provides and maintains a professional business-like atmosphere within the branch creating a positive working team concept for staff.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other department and organizational leaders and maintains operational alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Works in a community service support role and attends networking events on a regular basis.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- Occasionally travel locally for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. business calls, networking, community/marketing events).
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to Up-hold the responsibilities set forth by the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS&R) and the SAFE Act
- Readily volunteer and accept assignments to special tasks established to address specific issues and opportunities.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shares responsibility for achieving branch goals
- Participates in activities that generate new business such as promoting branch sales culture and special promotional events.
- Represents the financial institution in public relation activities and community service events; attends networking events on a regular basis
- Assists with sales training where needed, embracing role as a sales leader and coaching staff to identify opportunities that result in sales.
- Provides on the spot coaching and feedback to all branch employees.
- Motivates staff to work towards their goals and ultimately the branch goals by creating internal contests within the branch.
- Establishes and nurtures contact within the branch community.
- Accompanies Relationship Manager II or Relationship Manager III, or BDO on business calls.
- Provides referrals for any Mortgage, Commercial loan or Cash management services.
- Counsels’ employees and provides coaching and feedback to branch staff, ensuring that customers receive exemplary service, their needs are determined, and appropriate products and services are recommended.
- Consistently exceeds customer service expectations by offering excellent service, including greeting customers, smiling, using their name and building rapport with customers designed to generate customer loyalty.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Bank’s deposit and loan products as well as additional services offered.
- Provides counsel to existing and potential customers regarding product and/or service selection.
- Evaluates customer problems and complaints and resolves them to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists customers with account opening and maintenance
- Ability to resolve more complex problems/questions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Branch Team
In alignment with our Core Values, Lean Principles, and the Main Street Guidebook
- Supervises assigned staff to schedule and assign work, directing staff according to business needs and established goals and objectives and provide training.
- Completes performances reviews, recommends employment decisions, coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops staff as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to weight competing priorities and direct staff according to business needs.
- Associates Degree or equivalent, banking courses and/or related work experience
- Minimum three experience in a financial institution
- A background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal), employee development and public relations
- One to two years’ supervisory experience
- Be registered or be eligible to register and maintain a valid Mortgage Loan Originator Identifier Number issued through the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS&R).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on a regular basis
- Accurate, Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills / Effective Communicator
- Excellent Organization skills
- Leadership skills
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Confidential and Discreet
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Creative, Resourceful
- Analytical, Sound Judgement
- Proficient Mathematical Skills
- Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems
LANGUAGE/COGNITIVE SKILLS: The person in this position regularly communicates with all departments and with customers, about banking products and services, their bank accounts and transaction and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety document such as checks, bank statements, loan documents and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. money bags, cash drawers, coin boxes)
- Regularly required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Regularly move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. branch meetings, networking, training, community/marketing events).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Main Street Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and gender identity.
Main Street Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 508-460-4197 or send an email to HRAdmin@bankmainstreet.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.