The Branch Manager organizes, coordinates and directs the ongoing activities of the assigned branch to meet assigned sales goals and to provide for the optimal delivery of member service in conformance with established Credit Union policies and procedures.
1. Plans, coordinates and directs the branch management team (Assistant Manager and Teller Supervisor) to oversee the daily activities of the branch. Ensures efficient, effective and courteous delivery of member services by assigned staff.
2. Conducts periodic performance reviews, provides counsel, training, development and motivation as needed. Participates in hiring, salary and promotional recommendations.
3. Responsible for the branch’s deposit portfolio and loan production. Meets or exceeds assigned personal and branch sales goals.
4. Develops, coaches, motivates and educates staff to recognize and fulfill sales and servicing opportunities, personal goals and credit union objectives.
5. Acts as Sales Manager for the branch. Conducts weekly, monthly and quarterly sales meetings to ensure the objectives of the Best at What We Do Program are met.
6. Represents the Credit Union through participation in various CRA and community activities. Actively develops new business and promotes Credit Union services within the community. Acts as a liaison with area auto and recreation vehicle dealers. Services existing and develops new Bank at Work accounts. Actively promotes the interest of the Credit Union whenever possible.
7. Aggressively promotes and sells the CUNA Mutual Lender Development Program to credit union members. Responsible for promoting credit life and credit disability protection sales to credit union members.
8. Responsible for annually providing budget information to Senior Management for the development of lending and deposit goals, expense account information and income generation. Ensures the branch meets established budgeted goals.
9. Creates and maintains a branch marketing strategy/plan. Identifies competition, opportunities and strategies to market LCU within assigned area. Ensures implementation of the plan by employees.
10. Ensures branch staff is trained in all aspects of their roles.
11. Keeps current of Credit Union policies and procedures, products and services. Ensures the branch is informed; conducts periodic meetings to provide updated information as necessary.
Branch Manager II Job Description
Updated December, 2018
12. Administers supervisor overrides for restricted transactions appropriately and within assigned limits to approve and take responsibility for the transaction.
13. Adheres to all LCU policies and procedures. Responsible for compliance with the following regulations: BSA, OFAC, and other regulations as required.
13. Keeps informed of developments within the banking industry and regulatory environment relative to retail products and services. Attends meetings and seminars as needed.
14. Provides for branch security in conformance with the Credit Union’s established security program and procedures; ensures all security equipment is in proper working order. Provides staff with security training and information as necessary. Ensures systems are properly set and employees opening and closing the branch are properly trained. Responds to alarms as required.
15. Provides a wide variety of managerial and member services. Opens accounts and cross sells the Credit Union’s products and services. Takes loan, equity and mortgage applications. Closes equity and consumer loans. Provides servicing to member services accounts. Troubleshoots and reconciles problems and complaints referred by members and staff.
16. Oversees staffing to ensure proper branch coverage at all times.
17. Ensures the branch is in compliance with currency transactions reporting requirements. Monitors documents and procedures and provides training to appropriate personnel. Reports compliance activities.
18. Ensures proper upkeep and assigned branch and equipment and provides for routine maintenance of operational equipment and systems. Ensures that branch facility is maintained in a neat, attractive and functionally efficient manner.
19. Participates in assigned task forces or committees within the credit union.
The Assistant Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor report directly to this position.