Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Department - Operations
Reports To Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
·The purpose of this position is to install, maintain, and repair all machinery, electrical systems, and HVAC within the facility. Fabricates replacement parts for machinery when needed and lubricates machinery, changes parts, and performs other routine machinery maintenance.
- Complete all assigned work orders completely and accurately document all prudent information describing the completion of the work order.
- Provide all information necessary to maintain proper parts inventories.
- Work with production operators to identify process improvements wherever possible.
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuums, or other equipment.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse in order to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to specifications.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
- Diagnose and repair electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic issues on all equipment/machines
- Maintain open, accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as facility leadership.
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment, and other material between work areas and storage, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
- Use prescribed protective safety equipment and perform all work in a safe manner.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as grinder, lathe, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, and fixtures and tools.
- Assist with building maintenance as needed.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Pick up and remove trash around exterior of facility.
· Weed wack around building.
· Trim bushes, shrubs, and hedges.
· Plant trees and prune them when necessary.
· Cut and removes trees as needed.
· Complete snow removal tasks such as plowing, shoveling sidewalks, steps, and doorways as needed during winter months. Will need to work overnights to maintain parking lot during snow storms.
· Operate snow blower or snowplow to clear roads, driveways, and parking lots.
· Operate lull, excavator, and loader.
· Perform routine maintenance on power equipment.
· Perform other related duties as assigned, work closely with maintenance department, and assist with facilities upkeep.
· Unload/load truck deliveries.
· Help maintain the exterior of the building i.e. wash roof, walls, and clean gutter system
· Maintain storm drain and overflow ponds for yearly inspections
· Ability to operate various types of power equipment including lawnmowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, and other landscaping equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of landscaping techniques and processes.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical issues on a variety of equipment
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous maintenance/groundskeeper experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
PERFORM TASKS OF A REPETITIVE PHYSICAL NATURE THAT INVOLVE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Prolonged periods walking, standing, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, or kneeling.
· Must be physically able to operate power equipment.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
· Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
· Able to perform other duties as requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Wear mask, social distance
- Snow plowing: 1 year (Required)
- Industrial maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person